• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 xj1100 for sale houston

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/988497812.html
    Texas Rookie - NW Houston
    79 xs11F (in process, down but not out)
    04 Ducati ST4s (current daily driver, recently retired from occasional track bike duty, too $cary to think about crashing)
    2001 Suzuki SV650 track bike (setting up for some adult fun next year)
    newest acquisition - Black on Black 78 XS11 with 81 motor waiting patiently in Cleveland Ohio (Insanity!!!...no thanks I've got plenty)

Nice...you don't see that many in Ruby Red, even fewer with the factory X-1 fairing.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

10,000 miles,its barely broke in.Looks like a good deal.
      I would figure being in Texas it would have a lot more miles with the long riding season there.I suppose it could have come from somewhere else originally.
      80 SG XS1100
      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

The guy said he would come down on the price...
        Told me $1250 firm...
        He said it's been sitting for awhile and runs good... not sure if it's in that order though...
        He also said the tires still look new and were new when installed...

I thought about this one briefly... would make a nice matched set with my XS... but if I replace my FJ... it will have to be with something just as fast... or faster...
        ahem
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

should have kept this one secret. i offered him 950 (averaged kelley blue retail and wholesale and deducted for tires) to be picked up today.....never got a call back...wonder why TRook
          04 Ducati ST4s (current daily driver, recently retired from occasional track bike duty, too $cary to think about crashing)
          newest acquisition - Black on Black 78 XS11 with 81 motor waiting patiently in Cleveland Ohio (Insanity!!!...no thanks I've got plenty)

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rookie View Post
            should have kept this one secret.
            Well... ummmm... yeah... especially if you planned on buying it yourself... and if you do end up buying it... how many bikes will this make for you?

Just one more... I can stop anytime... really...

81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

that would have made 5 (including the one in Cleveland I'll pick up in the spring)

1 to work on
              1 for friday night
              1 for saturday morn
              1 to race on sunday
              and a spare

Just right!! TRook

if some is good, more is better (oh and by the way....how many are in your stable???) got pics?

Comment

Well...

For me:

1 for riding everyday
                1 to work on... and work on... and work on...
                1 in the shed that I hope to return to some form of something that moves under its own power... someday

John has:

1 for riding everyday
                1 for riding everyday he doesn't feel like riding the other one

(and possibly one that I may be going to look at tomorrow)
                but John doesn't know about this one... yet...
                81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

who is this secret one for? karma says it goes to john but.....?

Comment

Well... not quite...

the bike in the shed doesn't have a title... The bike I'm going to look at... does... and it's cheap... Soooooo.... I'll probably get this one for the frame and possibly the exhaust and use the rest for parts...

I'm still trying to get a decent running second bike... John has that already... so I'll just keep plugging away...
                    81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                    X