1981 XS 11 Midnight Special For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981 XS 11 Midnight Special For Sale

I have a 1981 XS Eleven Midnight Special for sale with only 6115 original miles on it. I live in southern California and I am posting this here first before going on ebay because I would like it to go to a serious collector, not to somebody who is going to chop it up. It needs a little cosmetic work but mechanically it is great. I will let this run for a couple days before I list it elsewhere. $4500 OBO. Contact me at svkitchendirect@aol.com. Serious inquiries only please.

Thanks,

Got any pics for us to have a look at?
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Pictures Of Midnight Special

Hi,

I will have pictures tomorrow. I just bought this bike and I still have to pick it up tonight. I was looking for a daily driver and I discovered this one. I hate to put another mile on it. I have not gone over it with a fine tooth comb yet, but I believe it still even has the original tires, at least they look the same as the ones in the photograph for the original magazine ad, and they are in really good shape.

Comment

Pictures Of Midnight Special

Hi my pic file is too big to post to this site (I have a really good camera and no photo shop) but I just uploaded the pics to myspace. You can see them at www.myspace.com/iluvasianwomen . They are not the original tires.

Thanks,

Comment

$4500 Too High Of A Price

Hi,

After doing some more research and taking a detailed look at the bike I think $4500 is too high. The gold plating probably needs to be replaced on some of the bike, especially the gas tank lid and some of the black chrome has defects from riding it near the ocean. Mechanically it is incredible, it is like riding a brand new bike. I would appreciate it a few people could reply with a fair asking price.

Thanks,

Sean

Comment

MNS price

Here is a pretty clean one listed on ebay. See if anyone pays their asking price.
            Andy
            Ebay Item number: 270251583617

Comment

Maybe I'll Just Keep It

I might just keep this one. It is my third XS. I had a 79 XS1100 and an 81 XS850 and with the current trend of people chopping them and gas prices going through the roof it can only go up in value.

Comment

Clean XS1100 On Ebay

I forgot to say I sent a couple of emails to the guy who has the XS1100 for $2850 buy it now on Ebay. It is close to where I live so I offered him $1500 for it. Instead of making a counter offer he said I was using "used car salesman tactics on him" and I "should look at the other bikes for sale". He sells cameras for a living and the interaction I had with him was not a pleasant one. He also rates the bike at a 9 1/2. I would give it a 7 1/2 maybe 8 tops.

Comment

To be honest the guy on Ebay might just know that there are millions of people who use ebay. People: who like myself will pay whatever it takes if we want a certain item and have it shipped to us. He has fine pictures that we can see and although pictures can hide multiple problems at least we have proper ones to look at. Not being a member of myspace or whatever all I got to look at of yours was a thumbnail.

I imagine if someone phoned you and said "I will offer just over half your asking price" for your (insert word here eg: house, car, motorcycle, etc) you may be a bit upset as well. I am sure the guy who has that ebay ad knows what it may be worth and has set a reasonable reserve on it. Who knows maybe he just has an excellent idea of what it is worth. I know if it was closer to me I would be having a good look at it.

You write (He also rates the bike at a 9 1/2. I would give it a 7 1/2 maybe 8 tops.) so that makes me ask what do you rate your bike for sale as? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend. Some of the bikes I see on this site I wouldn't give you $5.00 for cause they dont appeal to me, others I would pay huge just to ride it once.

So I guess I just got a little miffed with you over your My bike is worth millions but His is worth 1/2 what he is asking attitude. I know at $4500 bucks I would not cross the street to look at yours. So take it however you may but I dont think you know yourself what a bike is worth in my honest opinion. I know $5000 wouldn't buy mine but hey it's mine! Good luck with your sale. By the way Ebay will probaly get you a higher price than anywhere else.
                  2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

I bought the Ebay Bike

Hi,
                    I went ahead and bought the XS1100 in Bakersfield. I use to own and ride an FJ1100, Z1 900, Goldwing, had a couple of harley's along the way then got away from it all in 1989 when my scoot got stolen from the SanFran warf. Well I do a lot of field work for my job, driving from Riverside to Santa Monica and gas is running about $400 month so I needed a bike. I looked at new ones and they want 8K and up and good luck fixing them as they are computerized and injected!!. So I saw this clean looking old school bike, at least I can fix it and I enjoy tinkering anyway. I think the price was a little high but I was looking at the KZ1000 ex police bikes that have been dogged and they are going for about the same amount. I am glad I ran across your web site here because the greatest part of biking was the friends I made. I will try to be a contributing member. Thanks for keeping the old times fresh.
                    1980 Xs1100 MNS Sold for $1800
                    2004 Roadstar XV1700
                    45 to 50 MPG
                    Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before it is too late!

Comment

Hey Tusler, Welcome to the forum. I will look forward to hearing about that bike as it surely did have my interest. I am working on my 79 Special now rebuilding and renewing things on it so I currently am having fun. I hope to buy another when I am done this one and keep on doing the same with it. They are great bikes and I hope you enjoy yours. There is a wealth of info on here and trust me not all replies are as snarky as the one I posted earlier. I do apologize but something just got under my skin on that.
                      2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Rasputin's Reply

I appreciate you apologizing, but I really didn't understand your reply. I am only here to get and give information. The information I am trying to get (if you read all of my posts) is how much I should ask for this bike. I even stated in one of my earlier posts that after doing more research I didn't think the bike was worth $4500.

In response to your replies: I didn't say his bike was worth half, I just made him an offer; The rating I gave his bike was based on the overall condition, the amount of miles on it and not having the original seat: When I have this bike detailed(I just picked it up) it will look better than his, it has the original seat, and less than 1/3 the mileage so maybe a 8 1/2 or 9. If you click on the thumbnail you should be able to see the rest of the pics.

I apologize in advance if you take this the wrong way. I could just let it go, but this is my honest reaction to your reply.

Comment

Working...
                        X