thinking of selling '79 XS11 MNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of selling '79 XS11 MNS

How much trouble am I going to have selling my '79 XS1100 MNS? It's in fair shape, ride it regularly, my only bike. New pipes 6 yrs ago. New paint. Near new tires. Odometer doesn't work, speedo does. It's got approx. 60 k miles on it but says high 40's. I love it, hate to let it go. But, I'm looking at a 2000 Heritage Softtail Classic. Any Interest? Make offer. Sorry, no pictures, but looks good w/ some rust. What would you expect from a bike that's run for near thirty years. Oh, plastic is starting to get old. Start button fell off so I use a key. I'll work on pictures if anyone is interested.

Pictures would make it a lot easier for potential buyers to see what you've got, particularly as there never actually was a '79 Midnight Special. With some good photos, a buyer will be able to verify what the bike really is, as well as get a good grip on its condition.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

That's exactly what all the Yamaha dealers said when I would try to buy parts. So, parts I could get were usually listed as '80. It was explained that it was probably built in late '79. What do I know, I just have the title.

Comment

I stand corrected. I saw a photo several years ago on the internet of a Midnight Special and IDed mine. I was wrong. By your picture section I would say it is probably an SF. When I provide photos, (my next entry), hopefully y'all can let me know.

Comment

Okay, here are a few pictures. It's not been cleaned up much, this is it's every day look. Am I right? Is it a 1979 XS 1100 SF? Please let me know what you think.
          Attached Files

Comment

Got another one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Last one, for now.
              Attached Files

Comment

Re: thinking of selling '79 XS11 MNS

Originally posted by josepi9
                How much trouble am I going to have selling my '79 XS1100 MNS? It's in fair shape, ride it regularly, my only bike. New pipes 6 yrs ago. New paint. Near new tires. Odometer doesn't work, speedo does. It's got approx. 60 k miles on it but says high 40's. I love it, hate to let it go. But, I'm looking at a 2000 Heritage Softtail Classic. Any Interest? Make offer. Sorry, no pictures, but looks good w/ some rust. What would you expect from a bike that's run for near thirty years. Oh, plastic is starting to get old. Start button fell off so I use a key. I'll work on pictures if anyone is interested.
                They sell all the time on ebay. Take a look at some on there and you will get an idea of the ranges they sell in.
                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

Yes

That is a 79 SF, and not a bad looking one, either.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

1979 XS11 Special

How much you want for her and where in Alabama R U? I am in Albertville, could I come look at the bike?

Fatman
                      Fatman

1979 XS11 Special

72' 442 Conv

49' Ford Custom

Comment

I'm in Alex City, Al. I'm hoping for $2K. Come see her and ride her and see what you think.

Comment

Working...
                        X