Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '82 Maxim XJ1100 F/S

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...max-im/014.jpg
    Well I hate to do this...But I am planning to move to a smaller place and i will not have the storage to be able keep both of my bikes.So one has to go.My maxim has 20,765 original miles and this past Spring the following was done to him.Added;Stg lll carb kit,4 new k+n filters,MAC 4 into 1 exhaust,new Dunlop Qualifiers,new brakes,rebuilt clutch,new rubber boot on shaft drive,and tune up.Bike has always been garaged but could use a repaint.Bike will also need the 1st-2nd gear dremel fix.The Max is still very rideable and the slipping in 1st gear is not to the serious point yet.This bike is not lame,it has alot of power at the top end and is still reasonable at the lower end as well.I am asking $1400 and will negotiate.I must sell as i cant take both bikes.My other bike is a '95 Honda ST1100.No reasonable offer will be refused.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

That is a sweet bike. If I would not have recently bought one, would be tempting outside of the distance.
    1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

Thanks Brian...this bike can be had for a song..so to say..surely someone wants it
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Good God man,
        are there no rental storage lockers? Is there no plywood to make a storage container? Sell in haste, repent at leisure.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

If you think I shouldn't let go of this bike ...you should see what Maximan is selling on e-bay!!!Since I got my ST1100,the Maxim hasn't seen much time out of the garage in the past 4 months.Time to sell it to someone who will ride it.I have no feelings that I would need to repent my decision at a later date.If I decide to do something I do it and live and stand by it.I dont have time for regrets or second thoughts.I just thought I would offer it up here first for those most interested in these bikes.But it looks like this site is asleep,so I will put an ad in the local cycle trader.I might wait til Spring when the market might be better.
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

This '82 Maxim is no longer F/S

This bike is no longer for sale!A good buddy has offered to keep the Max in his heated garage.So it will spend the winter months almost as well off as I do.Next Spring I will have the dremel fix to the 1st-2nd gear cogs....and then if I ever decide to sell,it will go for $2000.SoThanks for the lack of interest.
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
            X