Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 XS1100 for sale

Hi all:
    The time has come for me to sell my bike, and I thought I would offer it up here before I placed it on e-bay.
    The Good:
    1. Brand new Continental Tours with less than 1,000 miles on them.
    2. Brakes completely overhauled last year including a new front master cylinder, new pads, rebuilt calipers, and rebuilt rear master cylinder.
    3. New bearings in front wheel. Rear bearings done a few years ago.
    4. All fluids replaced late last year. Oil changes done every 3,000 miles.
    5. Cosmeticaly, I would give this bike an 8.5. All the paint except on the saddlebags is original and shines up beautifully. No significant dents and no rust. The chrome is all good except for a small area on the luggage rack which has started to peel.
    6. It runs great, but its running a little rich. Mileage is in the low 30's.
    7. Tranny is fine. Never had the second gear issue, so it probably never will.
    8. Less than 54,000 miles on this two owner bike.
    9. It has won first place in prestigous bike shows around the country I'm keeping the trophys!
    10. The sale will include lots of extra parts including a full size Yamaha fairing, a Vortex fairing that needs a shield and a set of good carbs.
    The Bad:
    1. I stripped off the fork bolt cap early this year. It doesn't affect the operation of the bike, but will need to be replaced when you decide to change the fork oil.

Feel free to contact me at 216-251-4441 with any questions. I am located in Cleveland, OH.
    $2,000

well that is the dogs danglies as we say over the pond,,,why would you want to sell her......?if you were over here i would have that off you no problem...just a question were did you get the screen from and is it already shaped around the headlight.

Comment

Does this mean you're buying another bike, or we won't see you any more?
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Hey Scoobes:
        Dogs danglies? Thank you, I think!
        I have to sell it because I bought a newer bike, and I can't afford to keep both. I know I'll regret it. If it doesn't sell, I guess I'll find a way to keep her.
        That screen is a National cycle Street Shield from Dennis Kirk and that's the way it comes.
        Mark

Comment

Marty:
          Nah, I wouldn't leave our riding group for anything. I bought a 1993 Honda Nighthawk that hopefully you will see next May.
          Mark

Comment

Ah, Mark, now, next year, I'll have to ride with someone else to get the rolling harmonics off the exhaust pipes.

Darrell
            Darrell
            78E
            80G project
            06FJR

Comment

Working...
            X