Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 XS1100 Special in Excellent Condition (Nashville, TN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 XS1100 Special in Excellent Condition (Nashville, TN)

I'm thinking about selling my '79 special as I've fallen in love with a '97 Harley Wide Glide and don't ride the Yamaha anymore.

Back in January I purchased my 1979 XS1100 Special and began giving it an overhaul. It was in good condition, but it had trouble idling and I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I got together with a local expert and rebuilt the carbs, changed the fuel lines, added a front fork brace, put in a new battery and upgraded the regulator/rectifier (charging system). I still wasn't quite happy with the carbs so I purchased a new rack and am getting ready to rebuild them again.

I also purchased a Vetter fairing with windshield and radio, but haven't yet installed it.

The bike came with a plush aftermarket seat with backrest and hard leather saddlebags.

As you can see, I've spent a fair bit of money and a lot of time getting the bike ready for many more years of use and I hate for it to sit indefinitely. It's too big for my wife so I'd like to sell it to a loving home. $1800
    615 . 414 . 9739 (cell)
    Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

I have a Dyna also. In 2005 I put about 7,000 on the Dyna and about 3,000 on the XS11. Last year I put about 3,000 on the Dyna and about 5,000 on the XS11 (another 2,600 on the V-Max). I would have put more on all three but I crashed the XS on Aug 14 and didn't get back to riding until November (too late). I guess what I am saying is that things change, you might want to keep your XS11, but if you really want to sell it could you post some more photos (close ups)? Maybe a photo of the fairing also, assume that comes with the bike. How many miles are on it? How much rust?

Thanks,
    Bob
    #1 ’79 XS11 Special
    #2 ’79 XS11 Special
    '97 V-Max
    '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Working...
    X