Super Custom 80 SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Custom 80 SG

You may have seen this bike around the site. After 7 years of fun both in and out of the garage, it's time for me to move on to other things. The list of stuff is quite long but the basics are a recent 1179 Wiesco kit and head rebuild, stage 1 K&N jet kit, MAC header w/supertrapp slip-on, and obvious chrome, paint, and not shown is the seat newly upholstered with Carbon FX material by Sargent. It's got 75K on it, and that means the tranny, though fully operational now, will need to be rebuilt in the next 15-20K miles depending on how hard it's ridden. I only want $2500 for it just because of that. If you're serious, PM me, and we can conversate over the phone, cuz theres a lot to talk about.
    Matt

1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
    1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
    1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
    2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Wow I really like it. Money and space issues right now I got my 80G in Reno you know. If it does not sell in the next few months, give me a PM. I love those colors.
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Comment

Having second thoughts.... This old bike is still much more comfortable and easier to ride than my new go fast Beemer. I may keep this bike for one more season and have the tranny done by Maximan's mechanic in OK. After that, the xs11 will be bullet proof, and ready for the drag strip or whatever gets thrown at it. If I still want to sell it later this year my price will go up to $4k. Just FYI, I've never had it on the strip, and it's function now is more touring than sport with a backrest/luggage rack and soon to have a big National Cycle windshield. If, then, the wife still doesn't wanna do long distance, I might think about selling it again.
      1980sg-Stocker-- Sold

Comment

Mechanic

Wheres the mechanic in oklahoma located ?

Comment

Somewhere in Oklahoma City. Maximan is thankfully willing to take my bike to him. This guy races nationally with outlaw's I think, that have FJ motors. It so happens that I'll have cheap shipping from a coworker who is going that way soon, and after talking to Maximan about whats been done to his bike, I feel like it's well worth sending mine over there.
          1980sg-Stocker-- Sold

Comment

did you do all the chroming or PO
            United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
            If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
            "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
            "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
            Acta Non Verba

Comment

When I bought it 7 years ago it was just another bike. All stock with just an aftermarket exhaust and a cheap red paint job. So, yes, I pulled the engine and the covers. Stripped down all the parts to be chromed and had the engine painted while the chrome stuff was out.
              1980sg-Stocker-- Sold

Comment

Working...
              X