Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlight relay 2H7-81950-10-00 (or functional substitute)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight relay 2H7-81950-10-00 (or functional substitute)

Anybody have an XS headlight relay? Or suggest a substitute? I expect you could use lots of different substitutes and just adapt for fit/connections if it came to that.
    thanks all
    MIke
    1979 XS1100F
    1978 Suzuki GS750E

from an old post.

While you're waiting for the 4001s, use a jumper and bypass the relay.
    L/B to R/Y (Blue with Black stripe to Red with Yellow stripe)

I left mine bypassed and ditched the relay, then quit worrying about the diode and the relay. When the relay or diode fails then the headlight doesn't turn on and Head warning light doesn't glow.

It's sometimes hard to see the warning light in full daylight and it doesn't come on to tell you if the headlight failed.

The RLU won't automatically switch headlight filaments because the headlight is not on.
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
      from an old post.

While you're waiting for the 4001s, use a jumper and bypass the relay.
      L/B to R/Y (Blue with Black stripe to Red with Yellow stripe)

I left mine bypassed and ditched the relay, then quit worrying about the diode and the relay. When the relay or diode fails then the headlight doesn't turn on and Head warning light doesn't glow.

It's sometimes hard to see the warning light in full daylight and it doesn't come on to tell you if the headlight failed.

The RLU won't automatically switch headlight filaments because the headlight is not on.
      Thanks. I did find that post too, and jumped those wires to confirm the relay was bad. Problem is, with the relay plugged in the turn signals work (but headlight doesn't), but with just those two wires jumped, headlight works but turn signals don't. Would a second jumper between the black and yellow correct that? It doesn't appear to be connected to the signal circuit, but I'm guessing it interrupts ground somehow? As you can deduce electrics aren't my strong suit, but I'm learning...
      1979 XS1100F
      1978 Suzuki GS750E

Comment

That relay comes apart pretty easly . I found an obvious solder break and fixed it . You might be so lucky.
        79SF
        XJ11
        78E

Comment

Originally posted by SFerinTEXAS View Post
          That relay comes apart pretty easly . I found an obvious solder break and fixed it . You might be so lucky.
          good to know, I found one on ebay for pretty short money so I'm free to experiment. Thanks.
          1979 XS1100F
          1978 Suzuki GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by Forden View Post

good to know, I found one on ebay for pretty short money so I'm free to experiment. Thanks.
            I'm pretty sure the XS650, XS850 and maybe the XS750 have the same relay. That can expand your search.

This Yamaha 2H7-81950-10-00 RELAY ASSEMBLY fits the following models and components:

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 RD400F ELECTRICAL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS400F Electrical - 2

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS400_2F Electrical - 2

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS750F Electrical - 2

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS1100F Electrical - 2

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS750SF Electrical - 2
            Last edited by jetmechmarty; 01-23-2023, 11:57 AM.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

I'm pretty sure the XS650, XS850 and maybe the XS750 have the same relay. That can expand your search.

This Yamaha 2H7-81950-10-00 RELAY ASSEMBLY fits the following models and components:

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 RD400F ELECTRICAL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS400F Electrical - 2

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS400_2F Electrical - 2

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS750F Electrical - 2

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS1100F Electrical - 2

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS750SF Electrical - 2
              Indeed, thanks, the one I picked up is actually from a 750 triple.
              1979 XS1100F
              1978 Suzuki GS750E

Comment

Working...
              X