Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Carb Rack Assy for 1979 XS110SF

Hello,

I'm on the hunt for a rebuildable carb rack for a new-to-me 1979 Special. It is a barn find in decent overall condition. I was under the impression that the carbs were virgins, but alas after removal it became clear they have been somewhat butchered. Three of the four bodies have significant damage: 1 broken screw tab for Float Bowl, 1 broken float pivot Tower, 2 needle tips broken/lodged in place, Also, the choke lever is broke off & missing the plastic tab. The brass all looks like OEM original and can be cleaned and reused - except for two of the broken needle adjustment screws. And, all four CV diaphragms are in useable condition, (Interestingly, the mixture adjustment screws still had the plastic OEM limit caps on them - but the stop tabs were all wrenched off.)

Anyway, I am hoping I can find a rebuildable set for less that the prices commanded on Ebay. If anyone here has a decent set they'd part with for minimal $ to help me resurrect this old Yamaha, please message me. Thanks in advance for your consideration...

Sincerely,
    Rocky

I have a set. Message me if you’re interested.

Comment

I found something similar many years ago. My first project was to rebuild the carbs. I then put them in a food saver vaccum sealing bag and then life intervened. Bike is long gone and I still have the carbs, still in the vaccum saver bag.
      you can message me at yahoo messenger or email me at mowermel@yahoo.com if you would still need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechamel View Post
        I found something similar many years ago. My first project was to rebuild the carbs. I then put them in a food saver vaccum sealing bag and then life intervened. Bike is long gone and I still have the carbs, still in the vaccum saver bag.
        you can message me at yahoo messenger or email me at mowermel@yahoo.com if you would still need them.
        I am looking for a stack, as I made a mistake on one of my carbs. do you still have them?

Thanks Craig

Comment

Working...
        X