XJ 1100 fuel tank needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ 1100 fuel tank needed.

Looking for a clean straight tank for my '82 XJ1100J . It appears as if someone used the tank as a step stool and stood on the filler cap/tank so the area around the filler neck is sunken in about an 1/8" - 1/4". Any input or help locating a good used tank would be very appreciated. Thx. Nick
    Last edited by Nick Kammer; 11-04-2020, 10:16 AM.
    '80 XS 850 LG, '82 XJ 1100 J

Have you tried heating the tank up and pulling the dent back out? Looks like that could be fixed.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

I'd like to fix it as other than the depression it's in good condition especially internally with no rust. You'd have to pull it out using the edge of the filler neck which is kind of thin so it could be a casualty of the attempt. I'm still looking into repairing it but in the meantime looking for a tank. Do you know anyone that repairs damaged tanks? The search and research goes on...Thanks for the input.
      '80 XS 850 LG, '82 XJ 1100 J

Comment

Ditto on the repair,,,try any auto body shop, they should be able to pull, pop out most of the dent, take off the cap first,,,a couple of screws. If it was me, since the tank looks in decent shape, try the body shop and if it is close to original shape with a few creases,,,,use body filler and repaint the damage part, or the whole tank. Keep us informed, good luck,,,,Mike in San Diego

Comment

Working...
        X