looking for an XS to bring back to life and ENJOY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for an XS to bring back to life and ENJOY

I am a NEW member but hope to soon be also a new OWNER.

Located in Georgia--45 miles NE of Atlanta (15 mins from Road Atlanta) .

As a hobby I try to restore early 80's to 90's bikes--about Two a year. Last two were a 1979 CBX and a Kawasaki ZR1100 Zephyr.

Currently working on a 1982 Suzuki GS1100E. I restore the bikes and then find a DESERVING and APPRECIATIVE rider who will give the bike a new home. Not for profit--just enjoyment.

Well I'm now looking for an XS for ME--to KEEP (if I don't get too old and it gets too heavy) .

DREAM BIKE would be a Midnight Special but a limited budget means I'll probably have to settle for a more common "fixer upper" . Prefer a Standard with square headlight / gauges. COMPLETE bike that needs brakes, tires, maybe chain and sprockets, carb rebuild (hopefully not) . A bike that was lovingly moved to the back of the garage because of "lifestyle changes, kids, newer bike or ...you get the idea. Valid Title is important but not a deal breaker. No title means bike must be 1983 or Older. Bike must be STOCK--please no bobbers, rat bikes, super duper customs etc and stock colors a real plus--Please no pinks, purples, green etc. Stock colors.

Would LIKE a stock exhaust -BUT- a nice 4-1 would be acceptable. Stock carbs and airbox please--no PODS.

Would prefer a bike close enough that I can view pictures and then drive to see (within 200 miles) would be nice. I DO NOT have a truck / trailer so if bike is not rideable would have to rent those to do pickup--added costs involved there as you can guess. But again for the "right" bike not a deal breaker.

IF you have a bike you are contemplating moving on to a new owner who will cherish it and take good care of it PLEASE let me know what you have . You could possibly have exactly what I need / want and we can proceed to make a deal.

SORRY for the long drawn out post but trying to find a bike and tell a possible seller as much as I can about what I'm trying to find.

In advance THANK YOU for any / all help.

Regards

Rick

Welcome Rick!

You're in the right place. Something suitable will come along soon.

-Mike

-Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 42k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 15k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna ? miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 7k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles

Comment

STILL Looking

Comment

I have an LG I've been working on for a while I want to restore but I'm getting too much stuff in my garage and need to thin the pile. it's titled and tagged and was running good last I started it. All there less some minor bits and a sound exhaust. I'd take $1000 for it. I could probably get it started if you want to hear the engine. I haven't had it running in over a year. Tried to PM but even though I've never sent one it won't let me. I'm in Tulsa
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I just posted, I have 2 3/4 79 xs11 specials to cash out, My wife has had some serious health issues reemerge. I wont get back to them. 2 of them ran some time ago. those 2 are titled. $500 for the lot.
          the bad part, im in seattle. Good luck, Jeff

Comment

Hey best of health to your wife, hope you guys work through it as well as you can!
            Howard

‘01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2020 Rally Link:
            http://www.appleattic.net/XS2020/xs2020.html

Comment

I have a special for sale with a resealed motor in savannah if you're interested.
              80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

Curious, what is a resealed motor? You’ve replaced all the gaskets?
                Howard

‘01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2020 Rally Link:
                http://www.appleattic.net/XS2020/xs2020.html

Comment

You know what really sucks is to put your heart into a bike, sell it, and then see it on Craigs List a few months later in a state of distress!
                  Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
                  03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
                    You know what really sucks is to put your heart into a bike, sell it, and then see it on Craigs List a few months later in a state of distress!
                    skids got a link to share?

80 SG

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                      Curious, what is a resealed motor? You’ve replaced all the gaskets?
                      Yessir, new hg, vc gasket, acct, plugs, side gaskets, etc.
                      80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

I am 90 miles South of Atlanta airport On I85.Email me at sscott7525@yahoo.com. I have a few that may fit your needs

Comment

Working...
                        X