Side cover badge for SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side cover badge for SG

Anybody have some nice side cover badges for XS11SG.
    Was working on mine a few days ago and the side cover fell in my oil drain pan. Landed face down in the pan. Did not clean it quickly enough and the plating has fallen off.
    Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
    Current rides:
    80 XS1100SG
    82 JX1100
    83 Venture Royale
    86 V-Max

Badge Replicas in Oz has 'em. They have nice metal ones. Your pretty bike is worth it.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

I bought some of those Marty. They are really nice and look great. Problem is they are not bent to conform the the side cover. I was real careful trying to bend them . Even made a mold to press it into trying to bend them. I got it close but they still look funny with the edges sticking out. Long story short I broke 2 of them trying . I gave up after that.
      They are well worth it if the badge can sit flat, but not if they need to be bent.
      Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
      Current rides:
      80 XS1100SG
      82 JX1100
      83 Venture Royale
      86 V-Max

Comment

Originally posted by mlew View Post
        I bought some of those Marty. They are really nice and look great. Problem is they are not bent to conform the the side cover. I was real careful trying to bend them . Even made a mold to press it into trying to bend them. I got it close but they still look funny with the edges sticking out. Long story short I broke 2 of them trying . I gave up after that.
        They are well worth it if the badge can sit flat, but not if they need to be bent.
        This is good info to have!
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Working...
        X