Petcock Net Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock Net Filter

I am looking for some XS11 Petcock Net Filters for my 11E. Part is the plastic stand pipe that fits on the top of the petcock and goes into the fuel tank.
    With the fine mess screen. Yeah, that part …………..

Part Number:
    1J7-24514-02-00

I'm not finding any available. If anybody has any of these rotting buried on some shelf i'd be interested in buying two.

fwiw, I think SR500, XS360 and 750's all used the same Net Filter, same part number.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Have Some Options

I have a box of assorted petcock parts from XS750 Specials and XS1100 Specials, but I have to look and see what might fit the XS1100E.

Might help the cause if you can e-mail a picture of a whole petcock.

Meanwhile, I'll look at the parts diagrams and work from that angle.

Also, I am considering going to manual petcocks on the Venturer, and it's likely those petcocks could work for you. They are in good shape.
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Here is link to a picture of that Petcock Net Filter 1J7-24514-02-00

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...electedIndex=0

Link to closer view of the 1J7-24514-02-00
      https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...electedIndex=7

Filter presses in the top of the petcock and goes into the fuel tank. Somebody may have a couple of these on the shelf gathering dust.
      If so, I'm interested in buying a couple.

Thanks,
      Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Any reason why you shouldn't go without them and use an inline fuel filter?
        78 E

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
          I am looking for some XS11 Petcock Net Filters for my 11E. Part is the plastic stand pipe that fits on the top of the petcock and goes into the fuel tank.
          With the fine mess screen. Yeah, that part …………..

Part Number:
          1J7-24514-02-00

I'm not finding any available. If anybody has any of these rotting buried on some shelf i'd be interested in buying two.

fwiw, I think SR500, XS360 and 750's all used the same Net Filter, same part number.

Thanks,
          Jeff
          I found some for someone else I think on the Partzilla site but they were pretty pricey.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskey2 View Post
            Any reason why you shouldn't go without them and use an inline fuel filter?
            Without them, he won't have RESERVE.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

I run inline gas filters so it isn't a gas filter issue. It is what Marty stated, if not using that Yama 1J7-24514-02-00 part on the Petcock then there is No Reserve. That part has a standpipe that feeds On & Reserve. No part then when bike sputters, your done. Out of Gas

Greg- None of the big Yamaha parts houses have this Net Filter. NLA I guess. Tried Partzilla, Boats, Yamaha Parts house, ebay and Amazon. Nothing.

Though my local Yamaha dealer might have some hiding on a dusty shelf but he doesn't either.

Jeff
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

I'll look and see what I have in the pile-o-parts.

I have a Venturer tank that was in perfect condition until it fell off the shelf and got a dent if you know anyone. No petcocks or cap on it though.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I found Options A, B, and C in my stash.

On the bottom is the XS1100H Venturer.
                  In the Middle is an XS1100 Special (presumably a Midnight Special)
                  On the top is an XS750 Special

I believe you need the bottom one?

These can be cleaned up, but they are a darker brown color.

I'll send a PM.
                  -Mike
                  _________
                  '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                  '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                  '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                  '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                  '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                  '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                  '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Yes, it is the bottom one.

What I think I will try is to put a 65mm tall standpipe into the hole that feeds ON. That would give me Reserve. Hate to toss out a good set of Petcocks just because that 1J7-24514-02-00 Net Filter is apparently no longer available. But still on the hunt. I thought I had two new ones in my stash but I don't. As Greg stated, they were pricey to get new ones.

That mesh screen is really fragile and the plastic is fragile too. I unfortunately had a replaced a set on the Pacifico E that had the tops broken off. But the rest of the mesh and standpipe was ok. Pretty sure I threw them away. Now that turns out to be a dumb move since they would be the Cat's Meow for fixing the petcocks I have now.

Thanks,
                    Jeff
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                      Yes, it is the bottom one.

What I think I will try is to put a 65mm tall standpipe into the hole that feeds ON. That would give me Reserve. Hate to toss out a good set of Petcocks just because that 1J7-24514-02-00 Net Filter is apparently no longer available. But still on the hunt. I thought I had two new ones in my stash but I don't. As Greg stated, they were pricey to get new ones.

That mesh screen is really fragile and the plastic is fragile too. I unfortunately had a replaced a set on the Pacifico E that had the tops broken off. But the rest of the mesh and standpipe was ok. Pretty sure I threw them away. Now that turns out to be a dumb move since they would be the Cat's Meow for fixing the petcocks I have now.

Thanks,
                      Jeff
                      That's why I've got so much stuff. I know if I throw it away I'll end up needing it someday.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                        That's why I've got so much stuff. I know if I throw it away I'll end up needing it someday.
                        Very true......will never need it..... unless you don't have it.
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                          Without them, he won't have RESERVE.
                          Oh, that's pretty important.
                          78 E

Comment

Working...
                          X