Headlight replacements, Kotto sealed beam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight replacements, Kotto sealed beam

I have a '79 Special with a round headlight. It's just about all original. I've owned it since 81. I want to keep it original but would like to have a little more headlight light for night driving. Does anyone know of a LED replacement for the "Kotto" 7" sealed beam? I really don't want to change anything but the bulb
    79 SF

Originally posted by BamberBob View Post
    I have a '79 Special with a round headlight. It's just about all original. I've owned it since 81. I want to keep it original but would like to have a little more headlight light for night driving. Does anyone know of a LED replacement for the "Kotto" 7" sealed beam? I really don't want to change anything but the bulb
    I'm not sure how that's going out. You may be better off buying an entire light. There may be a thread on here about it if you do a search.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Headlight

Thanks Marty,

I'm trying to keep this bike as "spec" as possible. Like I said, I've had it since '81 so I know not much has been changed.
      On the other hand I don't want to jeopardize safety. I want to see where I'm going!

Bob
      79 SF

Comment

Bob, I think a few fellas are running the Truck-Lite LED bulb housing in place of the Koto housing. I couldn't tell you exactly which model though. If you started your thread in the Technical Discussion Forum, you would most likely get many more views/responses.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

You have a Koito sealed beam lamp? You want to replace the sealed beam lamp? Here is a replacement that may fit.

https://youtu.be/C1GowNMQvro

My XS650 motorcycles all have the sealed beam. I did not realize the '79 11 Special had them.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Working...
          X