Choke Lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke Lever

I need a choke lever for a 1980 XS1100 Special. The end broke off today.

Thanks.
    Bill
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Jardine Spaghetti with Harley Mufflers

Originally posted by BowlingSS View Post

Thanks.
    Bill
    Anyone have a part number?

Thanks.
    Bill
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Jardine Spaghetti with Harley Mufflers

Comment

3h3-14975-00-00
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

I have a few of these lying around but sadly not chrome, which are the ones that always break. Happy to send one your way.

Steve

Originally posted by BowlingSS View Post

Thanks.
        Bill
        Steve R

'80 SG
        "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
        1978 XS400E Red
        1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

Comment

I've been looking for one of these too and was going to say, the only one I've been able to find is $55 off ebay! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-XS-1...AAAOSwlndZA2D9

Bergman16, any chance you could send one my way?

When re-building my carbs, I took a dremel to the connecting rod, to help ease the transition from each choke position. I'm hoping this will make using the choke a bit easier and prevent me from breaking that lever, if I ever happened to get a replacement.
          80 SG Canada

Comment

Pm your address. Like I told Bill I don’t have the chrome handle, just the non-chrome one, and I’ll look to see if I have another. It’s the whole spring unit and handle if I do. I think I have a couple NOS rubber caps too for the handles. Somewhere! And dipsticks (I think).

Originally posted by dansmith65 View Post
            I've been looking for one of these too and was going to say, the only one I've been able to find is $55 off ebay! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-XS-1...AAAOSwlndZA2D9

When re-building my carbs, I took a dremel to the connecting rod, to help ease the transition from each choke position. I'm hoping this will make using the choke a bit easier and prevent me from breaking that lever, if I ever happened to get a replacement.
            Steve R

'80 SG
            "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
            1978 XS400E Red
            1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

Comment

Originally posted by dansmith65 View Post

Where shaft goes thru assembly where detent balls are located, a drop of oil solves the restricted movement of shaft past each detent ball/spring.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I followed an idea that BikerPhil gave me on this and removed the lever completely. I'll get a pic but I got a chrome kitchen cabinet nob that fits very well over the post that the lever pulls on. He helped me thread the post to the same threads of the knob. Used a little Gorilla Glue to make it stay well. Now I got a nice chrome pull and I think it looks better than the original. A lot better than paying lots of money for an exact replacement.
                Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Working...
                X