Sofoca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sofoca

Looking for a SOFOCA for my SF. Anybody got one they could give up?
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

What??

Howdy Greg,,,,,just wondering what is a SOFOCA? Maybe have one if I knew what it is.........ride on, MIke in Sun Diego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

It's The Spin On Filter Oil Cooler Adapter. TC used to make them.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Nobody??
        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Sofoca

Greg,
          Are these no longer made by TC? No more available? With TC's permission is there enough interest to get some made? I have on 2 of my bikes and would not mind it on all they are great.

Gordon
          82 XJ1100J
          81 Venturer
          Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

No, TC is no longer making them due to the fact life happens.

I had someone here that was going to make some and had TC send him the info but once again, life happened so they never got built.

I have one on my SG and love not having to deal with the mess changing the filter. I need one for the SF I just reaquired.
            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Greg,
              I have a friend who is a machinist. I'll try and see if he would like to build a few and what the cost would be. I would like one for the '78 I need to start on.
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

That would be cool Ray. Let me know.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

need two

Hi Ray,,,, I could use two also if a source is to be found........good luck, Mike in Sun DIego
                  mike
                  1982 xj1100 maxim
                  1981 venture bagger
                  1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                  1959 wife

Comment

Bump
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

I am good for one as well.
                      Steve R

'80 SG
                      "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
                      1978 XS400E Red
                      1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

Comment

Working...
                      X