78 E stock exhaust needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 E stock exhaust needed

I'm looking for a complete stock exhaust for a 78. Gathering a few things for an upcoming restoration. Thanks!

You missed-out on a decent '80 set I just bought off eBay! I paid $160 shipped.

These are like hens teeth, unless you buy the whole bike.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybikes View Post
      I'm looking for a complete stock exhaust for a 78. Gathering a few things for an upcoming restoration. Thanks!
      Here's a list of possible pipes for your bike:

http://xs1100.com/forum/index.php?topic=5436.0

Keep an eye on ebay , also if you search for XS 1100 mufflers on ebay sometimes comes up with a rare system
      1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
      1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
      1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
      1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
      1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

78 E stock exhaust needed

Ian- I read your post before I posted and thought what a lucky find that was! Also wouldn't be the first time I bought a bike, just for a part. I'm sure no one else has done that....

Schming- Thanks for your input as well. I know it's not going to be easy to find, but this is the place to ask. Somewhere hanging in someone's shop rafters, is just what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybikes View Post
          Somewhere hanging in someone's shop rafters, is just what I'm looking for.
          I've found it quite the opposite . . . Just like in my dad's basement, there are NOS aftermarket pipes still in their original boxes in people's garages. I know Moto and a few others have Jardine Spaghettis.

James across the pond if the only one I know that decided to buy the Stainless system from the German designer. Pretty pricey! Probably most worth it! The OEM pipes cannot be beat!

I passed on a '78E over the Summer. $900. Bike was in amazing shape! All original, including the sealed beam headlight. Pipes looked amazing! This guy really loved the bike! I convinced him to keep it, and if he did decide to sell it, to call me. I texted him not too long ago, and he said he rode it the whole summer, and plans to get it back out in the Spring.

Pipes you are looking for are upto '80. After that, they're Special pipes. When I see a XS11 for sale, that's the first thing I look for, are the pipes. Short of Kerker or Jardine, I pass. I DO NOT LIKE the Mac 4-1. Sounds like tinny crap. I had a 4-2 Mac on mine, and gave it away for free.
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Working...
          X