Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79F Brass carb Foats

Need 1, 2, or 3 brass floats for a 79F.

Took the carbs off today chasing a major carb flooding issue.
    I didn't notice anything until I started to check float level.
    Float number 3 wasn't "bouncing" on the float needle. When I checked it out, one side was almost full of fuel.

I made a huge mess trying to drain and resolder the float.
    I think it's leak free, but it's heavier for sure with all the extra solder..
    Bike is running really well now, but time will tell.
    In any case, if anyone is parting out a set of carbs, I would Iike a replacement and maybe extra or two.
    Let me know what you have.
    PayPal at the ready.
    Not really keen on swapping to plastic, and I've heard mixed reports on off-brand replacements.

Thanks.

G.

Hens teeth.

Here's some on flea bay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1322448...=ps&dispItem=1
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Yep, I saw those, shipping from Japan..
      The price is right, but unless someone can vouch for the quality, I would sooner just stick with a couple of spares from the late '70's.

G.

Comment

Suit yourself. $40 for a set of 4 or $40 for one.
        http://www.partspak.com/productcart/...saArWgEALw_wcB

I have no spares left. I may order a set of those.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

After thinking this through a bit, I bought the cheapest complete set of 78/79 carbs on the Bay just to have spares of everything..
          I had a look at what replacement diaphragms, floats, assorted jets and parts were going for and just figured I was probably just a couple of carb-part issues away from breaking even.
          I went for a ride earlier, and i can feel the bike starting to bog down again after screaming along for a while..so I think my pisspoor soldering didn't make the passing grade.

Comment

Working...
          X