Want to purchase 14 mm Colortune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to purchase 14 mm Colortune

Anybody have one laying around they don't want?
    1980 XS1100G. Work in progress.
    1980 XS1100G. 2nd work in progress.

I honestly have one I don't want, but I hold onto it for members that want to borrow it, that I KNOW will return it.

What are your reasons behind purchasing it? Or, are you sold on what it does like I was? Hint, hint. . . Don't buy it.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
      I honestly have one I don't want, but I hold onto it for members that want to borrow it, that I KNOW will return it.

What are your reasons behind purchasing it? Or, are you sold on what it does like I was? Hint, hint. . . Don't buy it.
      As stated in my thread about it, I am having trouble using the "by ear" method, and I want the Colortune to be able to see that every cylinder has the same mixture. I don't care so much about the color, seeing how people say it should be more towards yellow than blue on these bikes, but I want to make sure each cylinder is the same. I feel that this tool, in conjunction with my Carbtune, will allow me to get this bike to a point where I can fine tune the screws from there.

I ordered one from Amazon, but am now starting to think it doesn't even exist. It's been stuck in "we've received your order" status, and has not shipped. I don't think it will, so I am looking for a used one.

Comment

Delete this, looks like the thing actually shipped. I find it hard to believe given that it's on backorder and the manufacturer said it's 4 months until they can make them again, but I guess I lucked out!

Comment

*****please delete, already purchased*****

Comment

Originally posted by ThrottleJunky View Post
            *****please delete, already purchased*****
            No worries.......your gonna be disappointed with its function anyways.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

The colortune doesn't work well with our CV carbs. With mechanical carbs people report they work better. I have one I don't use anymore too Ian Mac
              Current Daily Rides / Projects

1979 Yamaha XS1100F (since 2015)...Project
              1980 Suzuki GS850G (since 2012)
              1979 Kawasaki KZ400B (since 2013)

Comment

Working...
              X