Need 1st Oversize Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 1st Oversize Rings

Does anyone have any 1st over piston rings? There's one loose set on eBay not in its box, if I get them then I'll need three more sets.

3J2-11610-10-00

The end gaps for the STD rings I bought from cruzinimage measured over 0.040" when I put them in the bore so I checked the pistons and they have "25" stamped on the top.

They're ~ 71.75 mm at the skirt, 1st over, so STD rings no worky.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Big bore?

Maybe think of a big bore kit, I've seen them on eBay for about $150. Comes with gaskets but not sure of the quality or how you ride. That might be cheaper but by no means am I an expert. Grampa always said if it's broke modify it....... methanol in his veins rest his soul.
    79 XS11 F

Comment

Originally posted by rangerguy302 View Post
      Maybe think of a big bore kit, I've seen them on eBay for about $150. Comes with gaskets but not sure of the quality or how you ride. That might be cheaper but by no means am I an expert. Grampa always said if it's broke modify it....... methanol in his veins rest his soul.
      I'd do it but I'm going to try the old "deglaze, then re-install the pistons" trick.

The rings still have good crosshatching on the upper and lower sides and the pistons are in good shape so the oversize doesn't have too many miles on it, it was just unexpected and when possible I like to use fresh rings as long as I have the pistons out.
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I ended-up buying the 72mm piston/ring set from Cruzin'. Still waiting to get the cylinders back.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Working...
        X