Looking for 78-81 xs11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 78-81 xs11

Hello fellow xs11 owners. I am looking for a 78-81 xs11 project bike, does not need to be running, but needs a clean title. if anyone know of one in the north east and reasonable price it would be greatly appreciated.
    81 LH/ 80 Cafe project

I'm in western MA, thinking of selling mine (not certain, yet, but I've been telling myself for well over a year now that I'll get around to fixing it up soon)
    If your interested, I'll send some pics as soon as we have a decent day. it's an 81 special, needs 2nd gear fixed, it hasn't worked in years, I always just rev it high and click straight to 3rd. Could probably use a new rear tire, front only has about 1000 miles on it. I'll check and see if it starts when I get home, it ran strong when I put it in the garage last year.
    I'll probably ask 900 for it, and see what I can get.
    1981 XS 11 special
    red
    40,000 miles

Comment

Awesome

It would be greatly appreciated. I am in the finger lakes area of NY . It has become quite a challenge to find a decent xs. I am not worried about the 2nd gear to much. Thank you again for the response.
      81 LH/ 80 Cafe project

Comment

Fine parts...

Potsdam, NY
        Bought my pristine black 1980 xs eleven special in may 1981 at John Harvey's Yamaha in Malone, NY. Previous owner had bought it new but found it to be too much bike. I lived overseas and so for the next 32 years I rode it during my month' summer vacation and then prepped it for long term storage each year and kept it in my storage unit in Malone. It remained showroom pristine until September 2015 when a pickup truck pulled out in front of me. The collision basically ruined the forks and everything on them, and three of the headers. Otherwise the bike came out much better than I did. I intended to rebuild it after I recovered, but found it very difficult to find parts, esp chrome, that matched the like-new condition of my bike. Ended up finding - on this forum- an on-the-road xs eleven for sale in Denver - red, but all chrome in great condition. Had the bike shipped back to Potsdam Fall of 2015, wrapped it in plastic and tarps awaiting the rebuild following Spring. My bike is also under wraps in my garage with the front end taken off. Frame / fork tubes are fine. I've finally admitted to myself that the rebuild isn't going to happen. I have many many years if great memories on my bike, enjoying the many comments I got from other bikers- even crusty old Harley riders - on the great condition of what I consider to be one of the finest classic bike designs. My grown kids would not be happy with me if I was to start riding again, and I understand that. Snd frankly the honest joy of riding wouldn't be the same. If you'd like to know more about the bikes, let me know. I'm ready to let go of them both.
        80 SG

Comment

Working...
        X