Venturer Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venturer Tank

I'm searching for the tank that fits the Venturer. I'm putting a Venturer back together and discovered that the tank on it is off a Standard. Went back through 2 years of "wanted to buy" posts and didn't see anybody else ask so why not, never know what somebody might have kicking around!
    Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

I hope you find one, they are hard to come by.
    80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
    and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152482189036...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

Expensive! Ouch!
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
          Expensive! Ouch!
          Ha! Be glad it's not an early XS650 you want a nice tank for.
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Green-19...xYohpe&vxp=mtr

Here's a standard tank for cheap.
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Yamaha-...3D152482189036

Parts aren't going to be getting cheaper. Soon enough, Andreas will be dealing in precious metals.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
            Ha! Be glad it's not an early XS650 you want a nice tank for.
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Green-19...xYohpe&vxp=mtr

Here's a standard tank for cheap.
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Yamaha-...3D152482189036

Parts aren't going to be getting cheaper. Soon enough, Andreas will be dealing in precious metals.
            Nice Standard tank.......but tis'not the bit fatter H(Venturer) tank.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              Nice Standard tank.......but tis'not the bit fatter H(Venturer) tank.
              No, but it is $16 nice.
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

That Venturer tank is located about 30 miles from me here in NY...I sent the seller a message, I gotta see this one in person! I did find a tank on Ebay...in the Netherlands! It's in good shape, paid $280 for it including $70 to have it shipped over here. Like Marty said, parts aren't getting any cheaper. And I can sell the nice standard tank that came on the bike to help defray the cost.
                Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Comment

I have a 5.4 gallon XS tank with a whole bike underneath it

Hi Billy,

I am east of Buffalo in 14004. I posted my 79' XS1000SF here today that may be of some interest. It has the Vetter Venturer package with the 5.4 gallon tank. The tank had a few pinholes by petcocks that was repaired and the tank was lined. It is in VGC but has a small knee dent in it
                  I am selling the entire bike with title. I posted in for sale and noticed typos and the photobucket link was in error.

LMK if it is of interest PM me for phone #

All the best,

Jeff
                  Last edited by clashpistol; 03-29-2017, 07:46 AM.
                  Previous bikes:
                  1979 Husqvarna 390 CR (NEW)
                  80's KTM 250XC
                  I had a 80's
                  490YZ
                  TT500
                  IT 490
                  1986 600XT
                  1988 Honda 350 XR
                  2005 KTM 625 SMC LC4
                  (?) Dnieper (Ural like) 2 WD Military sidecar rig
                  I have a 2003 Honda 300 EX Wheeler
                  and a 2010 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force Wheeler

And now my XS1100SF

"MEDUSA"

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/1c...Garage%20Resto

Comment

The Venturer gastank is 6 gals..not 5.4 so if you have a 5 gal. tank then its not the venturer tank
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

BTW Ben, officially, the Venturer tank is rated at 6.3gal.. I HAVE actually put in in 6.5 gal. of fuel.
                      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        BTW Ben, officially, the Venturer tank is rated at 6.3gal.. I HAVE actually put in in 6.5 gal. of fuel.
                        Well thats debatable..as not all gas pumps are that accurate...they are usually off 1 or 2/10ths...but definitely not to be confused with the 7.2 gallon ST1100 tank...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                          Well thats debatable..as not all gas pumps are that accurate...they are usually off 1 or 2/10ths...but definitely not to be confused with the 7.2 gallon ST1100 tank...
                          Even have actually put in 7.45gals. when the STeed tank was bone-dry, having it off bike........just sayin', pickin' on ya', as usual of course.

Comment

Working...
                          X