Looking for specific seat. Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for specific seat. Calipers

I'm looking for the high stepped high backed king queen seat that fits a 79 special. Also a set of front calipers that will fit. Maybe someone can tell me if other years or a standard brake calipers will fit. Thank you.
    I have 3650 cc worth of Yamahas in the garage.

seat

Originally posted by WorkinProgress View Post
    I'm looking for the high stepped high backed king queen seat that fits a 79 special. Also a set of front calipers that will fit. Maybe someone can tell me if other years or a standard brake calipers will fit. Thank you.
    Is this the seat that you are looking for?

Bob's Bikes:
    79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
    https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
    https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
    "
    Project XS11"
    "Rucksack Grunt"
    "Small Unit Leadership"
    "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
    For Sale Here.

Comment

That would be the one. I need one for a 79 which apparently hashe a different attachment brackets. I'm not concerned about condition. I have a great appolsterer near me.

Comment

That's an 80 special Ranger, the 79 Special is all by itself for the seat.. The tail light fits into a hole on the 80 seat.

Any year special calipers will fit except Midnight Special. The MNS has calipers like a Standard.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by WorkinProgress View Post
          That would be the one. I need one for a 79 which apparently hashe a different attachment brackets. I'm not concerned about condition. I have a great appolsterer near me.
          The 79 and 80 Specials have the same mounts but the pan configuration in the back and over the side covers is different. The 80 has a hole above the fender where the tail light mounts, the 79 is closed and the sides over the side covers drop lower on the 80 seat and will interfere with the side covers on a 79'
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks for caliper info! I already knew the seat wasn't going to be easy to find, but I'm hopeful someone has at least a ratty one sitting around.

Comment

seat

[QUOTE=BA80;488364]That's an 80 special Ranger, the 79 Special is all by itself for the seat.. The tail light fits into a hole on the 80 seat.

BA80, Yes that is my 80 special parts bike that unfortunately has to be parted out.

I just set the seat on it for the picture.

But I do believe it is 79 special seat. Would a picture of the back of the seat confirm what year it is for sure?
              Bob's Bikes:
              79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:

Bob's Books:
              "
              Project XS11"
              "Rucksack Grunt"
              "Small Unit Leadership"
              "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
              For Sale Here.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ranger_xs1100;488367]
                Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                That's an 80 special Ranger, the 79 Special is all by itself for the seat.. The tail light fits into a hole on the 80 seat.

BA80, Yes that is my 80 special parts bike that unfortunately has to be parted out.

I just set the seat on it for the picture.

But I do believe it is 79 special seat. Would a picture of the back of the seat confirm what year it is for sure?
                Yes, it would help to identify it
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

more seat pics

[QUOTE=BA80;488368]
                  Originally posted by Ranger_xs1100 View Post

Yes, it would help to identify it
                  79 or 80?

Bob's Bikes:
                  79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:

Bob's Books:
                  "
                  Project XS11"
                  "Rucksack Grunt"
                  "Small Unit Leadership"
                  "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
                  For Sale Here.

Comment

I believe that is for an 80 - 81 special, probably came off a Midnight Special.

See the large opening in the back? You can see the supports under it, the tail light covers that up. Also, on the sides where the side covers are, see how it dips way down and sorta comes to a point?

Here's a 79 Special seat. See how it's almost straight all the way front to back at the lower edge above the side civers?

Here's an 80 seat. See how the side over the side covers dips WAYYY down and coms to a point just behind the side cover?

Small differences but just enough to make a difference in the fitment.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

OH YES,,,,I see what you mean now,

The seat came with my buddies 79 special, but it was in a box and not on the bike when he bought it,

Wait till he finds out he doesn't have a seat that fits!!!!
                      Bob's Bikes:
                      79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:

Bob's Books:
                      "
                      Project XS11"
                      "Rucksack Grunt"
                      "Small Unit Leadership"
                      "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
                      For Sale Here.

Comment

I have a custom one that would fit a 79SF but it's brown & white from my old bike.

John
                        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Is it the correct style of seat the high-back one? Could you post a pic

Comment

No its a flat one with new foam added for comfort.

John
                            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Thanks but I'm looking specifically for the high back king and queen seat for a special. I thing the specials were also different than the standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X