WTB: 1981 XS1100H Wiring Harness and Coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 1981 XS1100H Wiring Harness and Coils

I'm looking for an unmolested 1981 XS1100H wiring harness. I bought a venturer a few years ago now whose wiring harness was cut, spliced, and wire nutted to pieces and I've been chasing gremlins with it from day one. I'm hoping someone has nice unmolested one sitting around that they would be willing to sell.

Also, any recommendations on new quality coils that would integrate well into said harness?

Thanks for your help.

- Adrian
    2005 YZF-R1
    2002 XV1700 Warrior
    1981 XS1100H

Originally posted by Outlaw4shrt View Post
    I'm looking for an unmolested 1981 XS1100H wiring harness. I bought a venturer a few years ago now whose wiring harness was cut, spliced, and wire nutted to pieces and I've been chasing gremlins with it from day one. I'm hoping someone has nice unmolested one sitting around that they would be willing to sell.

Also, any recommendations on new quality coils that would integrate well into said harness?

Thanks for your help.

- Adrian
    I've got one. Let me check it over for repairs.
    79 F

Comment

Originally posted by Dbshea View Post
      I've got one. Let me check it over for repairs.
      Awesome! Please let me know it's condition and post any pictures that you area able. Also, how much would you like for it?
      2005 YZF-R1
      2002 XV1700 Warrior
      1981 XS1100H

Comment

Awesome! Please let me know it's condition and post any pictures that you area able. Also, how much would you like for it?
        So I slightly misspoke. I have a cherry 81 special harness that is completely unmolested. But that doesn't do you much good. I do have a good venturer harness as well. The fuse block portion has been cobbled together (not an issue if you're doing a fuse update?) and there is one connection that obviously overheated.

Fuse block

Imnot 100% sure on the function of this wire, the bullet connectors are factory but the fuse holder obviously is not

And the cooked connector is in this group of terminals

79 F

Comment

So I slightly misspoke. I have a cherry 81 special harness that is completely unmolested. But that doesn't do you much good. I do have a good venturer harness as well. The fuse block portion has been cobbled together (not an issue if you're doing a fuse update?) and there is one connection that obviously overheated.

Fuse block

Imnot 100% sure on the function of this wire, the bullet connectors are factory but the fuse holder obviously is not

And the cooked connector is in this group of terminals

Ok, thanks man. How much did you want for it?
          2005 YZF-R1
          2002 XV1700 Warrior
          1981 XS1100H

Comment

Ok, thanks man. How much did you want for it?
            Honestly I don't know. I'm new to the xs parts and pricing. eBay is a horrid measure of worth but they seem to go from 20-150 bucks. Shoot me a pm with what you think is fair so we aren't setting a standard I'm not qualified to set
            79 F

Comment

Honestly I don't know. I'm new to the xs parts and pricing. eBay is a horrid measure of worth but they seem to go from 20-150 bucks. Shoot me a pm with what you think is fair so we aren't setting a standard I'm not qualified to set
              Sent you a message!
              2005 YZF-R1
              2002 XV1700 Warrior
              1981 XS1100H

Comment

Working...
              X