Wtb: Xs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtb: Xs1100

Looking for a cheap working titled XS1100. I do not need anything fancy as i prefer plain stripped down style bikes (no windshields, bags, etc.). Currently working on an XS650 project and would like an XS1100 as well.

Im located in northwest indiana. Thanks!

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45312

Little bit of a drive but you get two for one!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Already sold.

Comment

I have an original unrestored 78 xs1100. It runs out very well.
        Located in Mystic, CT

Don

860-460-3283
        78E, 79F, 80G

Comment

Hoping to find something local to cut down on cost. Thanks though.

Comment

XJ In Grand Rapids

This guy has been trying to sell this since last summer. If you can do the tranny fix, it would be a real nice bike. I'd go $500 on it. I just have too many projects or I'd seriously think about it.

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/5474477933.html
            1979 XS1100SF with a Jardine 4 into 1, ZRX 1200 carbs, 82 XJ rear air shocks, ACCT
            SOLD - 1980 XS1100SG with a Mac 4 into 1, ZRX 1200 carbs, round 160 speedo, 82 XJ rear air shocks, ACCT

Comment

Not looking to get something that needs that kind of work. Already have qn xs650 im rephasing, dont need more work like that right now, especially if i have to travel to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline-Junkie View Post
                Not looking to get something that needs that kind of work. Already have qn xs650 im rephasing, dont need more work like that right now, especially if i have to travel to get it.
                Actually fairly minor work in order to fix..........something that'll have to be done anyways with no parts cost, just your time and effort.......sooner or later anyways on these ole' 1100's.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Not the usual xmission problem?

"Won't come out of gear" is different than " Slips in first and/or second gear".

...However, sometimes the owner doesn't describe the problem accurately...
                  -Mike
                  _________
                  '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                  '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                  '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                  '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                  '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                  '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                  '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Its sold already anyway.

Comment

Its sold already anyway.
                      To bad......would have been an easy fix.
                      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Yeah, i was going to have my brother pick it up since he lived bear by. O well, im in no rush since ive got a project going already. Hoping to go chain drive if i can find a kit or get a response from that australian company that makes them.

Comment

Yeah, i was going to have my brother pick it up since he lived bear by. O well, im in no rush since ive got a project going already. Hoping to go chain drive if i can find a kit or get a response from that australian company that makes them.
                          .....hmmm.......nothing to be gained as far as previously rated top speed. Mother nature(wind resistance) combined with lack of horsepower dictates that........as its already been tried here several yrs. back.

Comment

Dont want it for any speed increase. Got a response on the kit, price isnt all that bad. Anyway, im still looking!

Comment

PM Greg - BA80 - in Tulsa. He has several titled 1100s and is slowly fixing up and selling them plus a garage full of parts. They are selling by word of mouth and never getting to an ad state. Would be worth a drive down because Greg knows how to setup an XS.

John
                              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
                              X