Calafia Luggage Trunk Chrome Trim Rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calafia Luggage Trunk Chrome Trim Rails

Would anyone happen to know where I might find a Calafia double chrome trim rail for the Calafia luggage trunk on my XS11.

The Luggage trunk is 23.5" wide, 12.5" tall and 21.5" front to back, the chrome racks add about 2" to the width and length. Inside usable space is 23" wide, 16" long and probably 11" tall.
    80 G "Black Mamba" Brothers Restored
    80 G "Red Hot Moma" Custom Restore
    81 H "Original" Collectible (Sold )
    05 HD "Mistress" Custom E-Glide

I'm not a big luggage guy, but is this what you're looking for? Calafia Trim Rails
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

I had Calafia bags on the 80SG that BA80 has now. I just mounted them to the Yamaha rails. I had some Calafia rails but in poor shape. I think they went to the scrapper. I gave all my boxes of extra stuff including bags to Greg. PM him.

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I just looked at pics. I took the rails off. If he has them they are in boxes.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

E-Bay Calafia Chrome Trim Rails

Yea, I was looking at those and they aren't wide enough for my bag, I was considering buying them but I'd have to cut them and if I wanted to make then whole, weld in another piece in the center and re-chrome them! That's a lot of work and expense.
          There is actually another Calafia luggage trunk on E-bay with the chrome rails on it that will fit but I have no use for the trunk, probably have to try and resell it, that's also a lot of work and expense but seriously considering it if I can't find the rails only for a descent price.
          If you gentlemen think I ought contact the other member you referred to, I would like to go that route, if they're not all bent up, I can always have then re-chromed if they're straight.

Comment

Paint job on the E-Bay XS11

By the way Mr. Beardslee, I owe you a little more detail on the paint job on that Candy Maroon/Red E-Bay bike and I did talk to my paint body guy today (still looking for the dang Calafia rails) and I did get quite a bit more detail but I'll send tomorrow from my PC, too much to right on this mobile phone.

Comment

Member call sign

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
              I just looked at pics. I took the rails off. If he has them they are in boxes.

John
              Who might Greg be, how do I contact, what might his call sign be?

Comment

That's BA80. Just go to the members list tab, find his user name, click on it, go to contact info, and click on send a private message.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by ks80xs View Post
                  By the way Mr. Beardslee, I owe you a little more detail on the paint job on that Candy Maroon/Red E-Bay bike and I did talk to my paint body guy today (still looking for the dang Calafia rails) and I did get quite a bit more detail but I'll send tomorrow from my PC, too much to right on this mobile phone.
                  I appreciate that. Thanks.

Comment

I'll him a shot

I appreciate, send paint info tomorrow when I get back to regular keyboard

Comment

Working...
                    X