Looking for gear sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for gear sets

Hello. I actually have an XS750 and I'm looking to modify the transmission. I would like to get my hands on the gear sets from an XS11 to see if they would fit. It doesn't matter what condition they're in. This is an experimental project, so the lower the cost, the better.

What I need:
    -Both gear shafts with all gears included
    -The gear set that connects to the middle drive
    XS750

They won't fit. 750/850's share the same gear pinions. The XS1100's are bigger.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Which part is the pinion? Is that the shaft the gears are mounted on?
      XS750

Comment

Originally posted by sword_guy8 View Post
        Which part is the pinion? Is that the shaft the gears are mounted on?
        Quit playing with you little one and get a bigger one.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Not helpful... I'm still wondering which part the pinion is. And if the gears from the 1100 will fit on the shafts from the 750.
          XS750

Comment

Working...
          X