2 mufflers needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 mufflers needed

Hi I need 2 mufflers and 4 crushed washers to fit these exhaust pipes. Let me know what you got or where I can find any. Tx.

Frame: 79 XS1100S
    Engine: 81 XS1100S
    Carbs: 78-79 BS34

Gf bike: 78 XS650S
    Carbs: 70-79 BS38

Pics: http://tinypic.com/2mpmkpjb

Exhaust header gaskets are still available at the dealer cheap.

Mufflers that is another matter - there are many threads - most recently someone adapted EMGO mufflers with some effort.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

dont use EMGO...they suck...waste of money...you can buy universal supertrapp mufflers...but the last time I checked they were going for around $220 each...I have 1 that I bought to use to adapt to a MAC headers system but never got around to using it...the cool thing about this muffler is that it has all these disc plates that can be added or subtracted to tailor the sound and backpressure...I still have the muffler in the original box...unused...PM me if you're interested...I can sell it to you for substantially less than what they are going for and less than what I paid...
      Last edited by madmax-im; 07-29-2015, 02:38 AM.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I have seen a few on Ebay in the past.

Bill
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Jardine Spaghetti with Harley Mufflers

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...haust&_sacat=0

Bill
          1980 XS1100 SG
          Jardine Spaghetti with Harley Mufflers

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            dont use EMGO...they suck...waste of money...you can buy universal supertrapp mufflers...but the last time I checked they were going for around $220 each...I have 1 that I bought to use to adapt to a MAC headers system but never got around to using it...the cool thing about this muffler is that it has all these disc plates that can be added or subtracted to tailor the sound and backpressure...I still have the muffler in the original box...unused...PM me if you're interested...I can sell it to you for substantially less than what they are going for and less than what I paid...
            Going with this option

Comment

well shipping may kill this deal...
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

HD Mufflers

Originally posted by Blank Slate View Post
                or where I can find any.
                Blank Slate,
                I assume Harley guys in Canada are much like Harley guys down here? If so, they rip off perfectly good and high quality mufflers for aftermarket noise makers within days of purchase. A friend mentioned I should check the dumpster behind the HD dealer and although that's not where I found mine, I did find a FREE set from a HD guy at work.

Your head pipes don't appear to have a whole lot of "MEAT" left on them behind the point where they combine so the Muffs I used would be a bit more difficult to adapt. But you could always extend that with another small piece of pipe. I spent a TON of time adapting HD mufflers to my XS11 (see the Ugly Duckling thread) but it was only my time and not any $$$.

I believe mufflers from a HD Sportster might be a LITTLE easier to adapt. Mine were from a Dyna-Glide (whatever that is ).

Apparently, I'm not the first guy to adapt HD muffs to an XS11 so there should be some other threads showing this also. I would bet you could find a new set some guy pulled off his HD and wants only a few bucks for them. The HD stock muffs are EXTREMELY well made and the chrome is superior to anything I've seen aftermarket.

Just an idea.....Hope it helps...

KURT
                Kurt Boehringer
                Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
                1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
                1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
                1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
                1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
                1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
                1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
                1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
                1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
                1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
                2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

I have a set of S+S exhaust with the correct mounts here that is bolted on to an existing XS11 header set. If shipping would have killed the deal before, just try to ship from here. Some times I just hate being me.
                  Oh yeah and I also have a set of original Yamaha replacement mufflers in pristine shape here, but doubt that would be in your interest unless you have big bucks...
                  2-79 XS1100 SF
                  2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                  80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                  Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Kurt great suggestions! Looking at kijiji the prices are dirt cheap for the HD stock mufflers. However the deal with madmax was successful

Rasputin, you need to share pics on your 4-2 mufflers so I can learn and not reinvent the wheel.

Comment

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...app+443&page=4

Looks like the supertrapps are going to be real easy to attach to my 4-2 exhausts. Thank you xs1100 forum member for doing the leg work

Comment

Originally posted by Blank Slate View Post
                        http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...app+443&page=4

Looks like the supertrapps are going to be real easy to attach to my 4-2 exhausts. Thank you xs1100 forum member for doing the leg work
                        Aaaaaand they're the wrong size. So I'm still looking for 2 mufflers that fit my 79 special stock exhaust pipes, 1.5" inlet...

Browsing ebay, kijiji, craigs, for Harley sportster....

Comment

If you want to do the same fix as the link you provided you will need a set of Mac Headers. I happen to have a set of nearly new ones here. Maybe it would be easier to match the Supertrapps with a header than the current headers with new mufflers. I dunno for sure but maybe we could swing a deal on the shipping on the exhaust you have for my headers... or something like that.
                          2-79 XS1100 SF
                          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

damn...i'm sorry i didnt realize the Mac headers were larger than stock...or else i wouldnt have sold you that muffler to you...
                            i think if you can get a set of MAC headers then you could use the supertrapps...that might be alot easier than trying to find the right sized muff's if Doug is offering a deal...i would seriously consider it...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Here's the plan guys. I already sold Ben's 2.25 inlet muffler locally on kijiji, I will return the 2.0" inlet supertrapps to summit racing and buy two 1.5" inlet supertrapps. Anyone see how this plan could go wrong, speak up now

Comment

Working...
                              X