Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line octopus; additional tubing

Looking for the following parts:

~ A complete octopus. (I know there's been posts here stating removing it is fine - and maybe even better - but what can I say?)

~ Also, the same type of tubing running from the carbs to air filter box is rather brittle/already cracking. Does anyone have additional tubing, or at least a source suggestion for it?

~ Could use some metal clamps as well.

Located in Lincoln, NE. Thanks!
    '79 SF
    <'85 Ramcharger - matching set>

There's no need to apologize for making your bike stock!

I took mine off to simplify the mess of tubes. Sorry, I don't want to part with it because my bike is otherwise stock, and me or the next owner might want to make it totally stock.

I would be surprised if another member doesn't come up with one for you tomorrow.

There is advice about tubing in previous posts. I have ordered it from a Yamaha dealer.
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Are you talking about the boots that hold the airbox to the carbs, or the small vent tubes that run to nipple from the carbs?

If it is the small tubes you are talking about, it is just fuel line. If it is the large boots on the airbox, you would need to find a new airbox.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I have an used octopus if you need one
        78E, 79F, 80G

Comment

The octopus is available new, but quite spendy. 3H3-24520-01-00 DIAPHRAGM ASY
          If you're capable of rebuilding one, I would recommend a used one, as they are often in somebody's trash pile.

I'm using Motion Pro Premium Fuel Line (Tygon) as it stays flexible over the long term. The only drawbacks are that it is expensive and must be routed avoiding tight bends.

For clamps, look to Mike's XS or Parts N' More. That is the best cheapest option. They have whatever size you may need.

The stock XS650 BS38 CV carburetor holder clamp is a great fit for the airbox side on the XS1100.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

I've got a used octopus, free if you want it... I'm not going to be using it. I may have a new diaphragm for it, but would have to look through a few parts boxes.
            Jason
            Montgomery, AL

80 XS1100SG Daily Driver
            81 XS1100SH (Getting ready for an engine rebuild)
            86 Honda Magna V45 (sold)

Comment

As jetmechmarty and BigOates guessed, I am also in need of the vacuum diaphragm. Forgot to state that.
              '79 SF

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                The octopus is available new, but quite spendy. 3H3-24520-01-00 DIAPHRAGM ASY
                If you're capable of rebuilding one, I would recommend a used one, as they are often in somebody's trash pile.
                Yeah, the new price is throwing me a bit (no surprise, there) - hoping a used one surfaces in the parts piles.

Thanks for the tubing and clips information!
                '79 SF

Comment

Octy

I've got hand fulls of them, I think one is new. Let me look tomorrow. I bought a roll of tubing for the vent lines,and another for the vacum lines from the advance. I'll take a picture tomorrow as well. The octy you want is it for a midnight? I have both. PM me if you haven't found a source already.
                  mack
                  79 XS 1100 SF Special
                  HERMES
                  original owner
                  http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
                  SPICA
                  http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
                  IOTA
                  https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
                  https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
                  Frankford, Ont, Canada
                  613-398-6186

Comment

Looks like you're hooked up as far as an octy. Order some of THIS for your fuel line.
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Ok............http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tygon-Fuel-L...item3a9f77ec79
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                      X