Vetter Windjammer mounting bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetter Windjammer mounting bracket

Need one for an 80 SG. I think they're all the same from the Vetter side. I was just given a V model if that makes any difference. Could use a harness, too, although I may have a line on one for free so less concerned about that.

Thanks

Steve
    Steve R

'80 SG
    "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
    1978 XS400E Red
    1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

Originally posted by Bergman16 View Post
    Need one for an 80 SG. I think they're all the same from the Vetter side. I was just given a V model if that makes any difference. Could use a harness, too, although I may have a line on one for free so less concerned about that.

Thanks

Steve
    Hi Steve,
    While I am no expert the Vetter V (Roman numeral 5) has some differences from the previous model fairing. So yes the brackets may be different too.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I believe the big difference is in the lowers with these, according to Vetter's site. Someone else had bought the company at that point.

I guess I will find out... Thanks, Phil.
      Steve R

'80 SG
      "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
      1978 XS400E Red

Comment

any Vetter xs11 bracket will work.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Apparently the Pacifico, whatever that is, has a different bracket, with a round part. Thanks.
          Steve R

'80 SG

Former bikes:

1978 XS400E Red

Comment

Originally posted by Bergman16 View Post
            Apparently the Pacifico, whatever that is, has a different bracket, with a round part. Thanks.
            Even the Pacifico mount will work it will just set the fairing a bit farther forward.
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Hmmm. It actually looks a bit sturdier, although not basing that on much but bad photos on Ebay...
              Steve R

'80 SG

Former bikes:

1978 XS400E Red

Comment

A vetter bracket withe the addition of a pacific lower would be the ultimate combo.

The vetter is a one piece bracket that sits below the fairing. The Pacific has a flimsy lower with a strong upper support that has a extra support for the front center of the fairing.
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I have a Pacifico fairing mount and hardware I would sell. Came off a 79 XS1100. $40.00 + shipping. PayPal or USPS MO. Thanks, Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X