1980 XS1100G Front Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 XS1100G Front Master Cylinder

Looking to pick up one as the one I have has a mirror stud broken off in it. Only took me an hour and a half of trying to extract the stud before I realized it was going in instead of coming out. Of course it is, it is LH threaded. Doh.

Anywho looking for one in fairly decent condition as this is a restore. Thanks!
    80 G

To help with your search, any standard XS series motorcycle with two calipers will be a suitable donor for the correct master cylinder. Avoid the Specials.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
      To help with your search, any standard XS series motorcycle with two calipers will be a suitable donor for the correct master cylinder. Avoid the Specials.
      Yeah I'm not having a lot of luck. I might end up ordering one of those Mikesxs ones. I'd much rather have an original. Hell even one in decent shape would beat a replica.
      80 G

Comment

There's one on eBay you may be able to rescue.
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Yamaha-...a5692e&vxp=mtr

Mike's XS has a new cover. That and a kit should get you there. Another will turn up on eBay sooner than later.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Are you looking to sell your MC that has the stud broken off in it? I need a functional one, it doesn't have to be pretty.
          80 G

Comment

Originally posted by oakback View Post
            Are you looking to sell your MC that has the stud broken off in it? I need a functional one, it doesn't have to be pretty.
            Not right now. It's the only one I have. If I do get a replacement I will let you know.
            80 G

Comment

Working...
            X