WTB near new OEM exhaust. Std or Special OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB near new OEM exhaust. Std or Special OK

Please contact me soon. I am close to buying a new MAC 4:2 megaphone but prefer Stock.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Exhaust

Hey john,
    I have a standard exhaust I might be willing to part with...the left pipe is the Yamaha replacement (with the epa badge riveted to it)and the right pipe does have two small spots that have rusted through...minor...I am sure I know a guy that can weld them closed...They are on the bottom of the pipe...Some small dents ....Not pristine but not junk either....If you were coming to the Colorado rally I could bring them...????
    Pm or call me if you still have my #
    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

John, that Venturer came with a Special exhaust system. The Mac megaphone would probably be the most prudent choice if you can't find an EXCELLENT special system.

The Venturer is kind of a cross between the Special and the Standard.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        John, that Venturer came with a Special exhaust system. The Mac megaphone would probably be the most prudent choice if you can't find an EXCELLENT special system.

The Venturer is kind of a cross between the Special and the Standard.
        ......and is the ORIGINAL factory 'Frankenbike':.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

My search skills have yet to yield pics on this site that I have posted of a nearly new looking set of factory replacement pipes and mufflers for a 81 venturer that I have. I may have to take some new ones . I do not know what would be a fair price but if they interest you we can talk.
          Now I will have to search a bit and maybe you can too for the damn pic's
          2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
          X