Looking for a Standard Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Standard Tank

Looking for a standard tank with minimal rust inside (surface rust ok). Paint can be bad but no major dents. Trying to not spend more than $150. I don't need any of the externals (sensor, petcocks, cap, etc) but if it comes with it that's ok.

-Gabe
    78 E - 2to1 exhaust, dynatek coils, special headlight [SOLD!]
    79 F - gas tank refurb, headgasket change, straight pipes, late model carbs, virago lowering shocks, special headlight and gauges, TC fuse block, GSXR-1100 carbs (WIP)

"May my tires not fail me, nor my engine grow cold"

what's wrong with the one you had?

you know I got few tanks...but I don't know about shipping to RI
    Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Yamaha-...7df8b5&vxp=mtr
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by mikubuilder View Post
        what's wrong with the one you had?

you know I got few tanks...but I don't know about shipping to RI
        Last time I shipped a tank it was only $35-40. The issue wasn't weight, it was size.

Nothing, in particular, is wrong with my tank. There's a couple of dings from riding and use that I want to have fix but I also know what's under the paint and I'm not going to spend anymore money on a tank that was rough to begin with. Rather start from scratch with a tank that I KNOW has solid metal all the way around.

Also, I think the surface may have not been prepped 100% throughly (I guess that's what happens when I get a good deal). The paint is starting to bubble underneath the base coat in places which points to contaminents under the primer. Shame too, because it was a beautiful paint job. Could just be crappy metal too so I don't want to point any fingers because your guy gave me a really good deal on everything.

Text me a picture of the standard tanks you have. Like I said, I'm trying to find something better than I have already if I'm going to get another paint job.
        78 E - 2to1 exhaust, dynatek coils, special headlight [SOLD!]
        79 F - gas tank refurb, headgasket change, straight pipes, late model carbs, virago lowering shocks, special headlight and gauges, TC fuse block, GSXR-1100 carbs (WIP)

"May my tires not fail me, nor my engine grow cold"

Comment

that is a bummer about that paint job....as soon as I get a chance I will take some pics
          Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

tank

I have a tank I was trying to trade for another style tank. Tank is super clean but has been creamed by someone else. Not sure why it was creamed because I dont see any rust or damage at all.
            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42506
            1980 XS11

Comment

Working...
            X