Looking for Standard Square Headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Standard Square Headlight

It's been a while since I've posted on here, and while I'm not getting back in the XS game quite yet, I AM looking for some possible parts. I'm getting a KZ1300, but it doesn't have a headlight. Because parts for the Kawasaki are so stupidly hard to find, I'd like to try and adapt a square XS11 headlight instead. Could anyone help me out? I would need the whole assembly: light, rings, bucket, etc. Let me know. Thanks.
    Currently XS-less.

Well you have chosen another one that is stupid hard to find and really expensive when you do.
    My XS1100F came with the fairing set up from the factory so no headlight or bucket so I looked every where and I could find all of the pieces I needed but after buying them all it was going to cost $150.00 for the bucket, the trim and the actual headlight to fit.

Plus most of the parts were in really bad shape for the money they wanted.

So I found a little smaller square dual headlight kit I am going to use.

Someone here may have an alternative but I have looked for my bike and this is what I have found. But some of the other guys may have some tricks or wisdom I don't have on this bike yet.

Good Luck.
    79 YAMAHA XS1100F
    2012 KAWASAKI CONCOURS
    1981 HONDA CB985CR

Comment

My thoughts on the square headlights are a couple: think of all the bikes from the 80's with square headlights: Yamaha XS1100, XJ650 Seca Turbo, V45/V65, FJ1200, Honda CBR's, Kawasaki ZX's, etc.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I have the full bucket assembly. Light, ring, bucket. I took it off after I swapped it out for a round one.
        78 E - 2to1 exhaust, dynatek coils, special headlight [SOLD!]
        79 F - gas tank refurb, headgasket change, straight pipes, late model carbs, virago lowering shocks, special headlight and gauges, TC fuse block, GSXR-1100 carbs (WIP)

"May my tires not fail me, nor my engine grow cold"

Comment

PM Inbound.
          Currently XS-less.

Comment

Parts N' More has this small universal one for $40.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

I have one off a parts bike I bought yesterday.. don't know if the bulb is burnt out but its in pretty decent condition. Still need one?
              1980 SG Bobber/Cafe Mesh (almost done)
              79 standard (just picked up, haven't started yet.. cracked head)
              80 midnight special (just picked up, next project in line)

Comment

Nope, I'm good actually. Thanks for the information!
                Currently XS-less.

Comment

Working...
                X