Carb Stabilizer bar needed for 1978

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Stabilizer bar needed for 1978

I have a 1978 XS1100E and the bar holding the carbs together has bee cut in half in 2 places. Anybody have a spare bar that I can bolt to mine? Only thing holding the carb banks together are the T's and the top caps.
    "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Originally posted by Winterhawk View Post
    I have a 1978 XS1100E and the bar holding the carbs together has bee cut in half in 2 places. Anybody have a spare bar that I can bolt to mine? Only thing holding the carb banks together are the T's and the top caps.
    I have one. It's for the 1980 carbs but I am about 90% sure it's the exact same setup. If it doesn't work out I'll refund you the money. PM me if you're interested.
    78 E - 2to1 exhaust, dynatek coils, special headlight [SOLD!]
    79 F - gas tank refurb, headgasket change, straight pipes, late model carbs, virago lowering shocks, special headlight and gauges, TC fuse block, GSXR-1100 carbs (WIP)

"May my tires not fail me, nor my engine grow cold"

Comment

The later carbs used 2 bars and the early ones only used one bar. I don't know if they swap.

You could just use a piece of angle iron and drill the holes.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Cut in half.............in 2 places?
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          I'll bet you a quarter.

Comment

I raise you $.33.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Separated into 3 pieces now. Sold my Merriam Cycle bike I built over 10 years ago. Never did get a title from Wisconsin. Bob died before I could get him to work his magic for a title. Got a 1978 off of Craigslist for a good price. After getting it home I saw the botched work that was done over the years. I have a near perfect wiring harness coming from eBay. It has a round headlight off of a Special. Need the Square headlight, stems complete. Need a complete air box assy also. Any help would be appreciated.
              "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

I raise you $.33.
                You win. Put it on my bill.

Comment

carb bracket

I have a bracket if you still need one. I think it has been powder coated high gloss black. But if your dead against that I can dig into my carb parts boxes and find one untouched.
                  mack
                  79 XS 1100 SF Special
                  HERMES
                  original owner
                  http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
                  SPICA
                  http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
                  IOTA
                  https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
                  https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
                  Frankford, Ont, Canada
                  613-398-6186

Comment

Thanks, I made one Saturday from Aluminum Angle. I broke a bolt off in the carb body but drilling it and tapping it out was a success.
                    Last edited by Winterhawk; 04-07-2014, 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                    X