Vacuum membrane support plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum membrane support plate

I'm looking for my XS 1100 Eleven Special for the plastic support plate that fits between the two membranes of the Octy / Octopus / Spider. This is most probably the same part that is fitted between the two membranes fitted directly to the petcocks on non-Special models.
    Or, a spider or petcock that has this part fitted.
    79 SF Canadian

Hello Ben,

I have a complete octy/spider you can have for the price of shipping. PM me with your shipping details and I'll get you a price.

Ride safe,
    Larry
    Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
    82 XJ1100
    80 XS1100G (Project bike)
    64 Yamaha YA-6
    77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
    See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Thanks, I've sent you a Private Message.
      79 SF Canadian

Comment

Quick question: any reason why my plastic membrane does not have that channel in it? On both petcocks.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
          Quick question: any reason why my plastic membrane does not have that channel in it? On both petcocks.
          I don't know the difference, but keep in mind, you're dealing with vacuum petcocks and the issue at hand is the single point vacuum shutoff for a Special. The plate may have that minor difference.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Given that its purpose is to let air back in when the vacuum is no longer there, I would imagine it is there on both. I am guessing you just never noticed it.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Nope, neither one has it. I followed Chacal's petcock rebuild to the "T".
              1979 XS1100F
              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I received a spider today. I fitted the plastic dome/plate/support and the gas leakage from the gas side to the vacuum side is over. I think that without the dome the membrane is overstretched, because the pivots to not prevent the 4 small holes in the membrane to be drawn inward. I am pretty sure leakage from the gas side to the vacuum side took place through the small holes in the membrane where the pivots protrude in to.
                So thanks to the generous giver my bike runs 100% Original again.
                79 SF Canadian

Comment

Working...
                X