Looking for a set of shocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a set of shocks.

From center of the eye hole to the center of the other eye hole needs to be EXACTLY 29cm. Diameter of the one eye hole 13mm and the other 15mm.
    '81 Yamama XS1100 5K7 German Model

What's the difference between erotic and kinky?
    Erotic = using a feather
    Kinky = using the whole chicken

So, 11 1/2"? Our's are 12.5 I believe. Not sure what bikes have those as far as used, probs Harley. New? I'm sure you could source them.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=191054520348
    Last edited by IanDMacDonald; 02-05-2014, 03:17 PM.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

http://www.mikesxs.net/product/06-3609.html
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I just bought a set of XV920 shocks that are 11.5". I'll measure the eyes for you to see if they line up with what you need. If that's the case you can pick up a set on American ebay for almost nothing ($40).
        78 E - 2to1 exhaust, dynatek coils, special headlight [SOLD!]
        79 F - gas tank refurb, headgasket change, straight pipes, late model carbs, virago lowering shocks, special headlight and gauges, TC fuse block, GSXR-1100 carbs (WIP)

"May my tires not fail me, nor my engine grow cold"

Comment

$40? Now thats my language Ya I think 29 cm is about 11.5 inches. I havent been able to figure out what bike they were originally off of or this would be easy. They are painted over and I cant find no markings either :/

Erotic = using a feather

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
            So, 11 1/2"? Our's are 12.5 I believe. Not sure what bikes have those as far as used, probs Harley. New? I'm sure you could source them.

Do you guys measure them from the center of the eye hole to center of the eye hole over there also?

Erotic = using a feather

Comment

Originally posted by D0wn5h1ft View Post
              I just bought a set of XV920 shocks that are 11.5". I'll measure the eyes for you to see if they line up with what you need. If that's the case you can pick up a set on American ebay for almost nothing ($40).
              Lemme know man $40 is a deal if they hold up for abit and thats even for new ones? WoW then I just gotta find affordable shipping and im gaMe

Erotic = using a feather

Comment

Thanks bro! Those are fancy dancy and I like em

Erotic = using a feather

Comment

I got a question for yall how do I know what weight a set of shocks can carry? Say if I found some for a little bike could I use em on a Xs11? And whats the differences in expensive ones an cheap ones? Does your butt feel it when riding

Erotic = using a feather

Comment

Doesn't your queation above kind of answer itself, lol? Would you want to put shocks from an XS400 on this bike? Try to find shocks with similar weight and/or displacement as our's.
                    1979 XS1100F
                    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

No answering my own question doesnt make it easier because the shocks we found above with the measurements I need tell me nothing about their other specs and if they will hold my big butt in place or not I need these precise measurements cause it makes the bike the heighth i need... thats why I ask if anyone has experience playing around with different shocks and if there is anything I really gotta look out for besides the eyeholes and length being the right size?
                      Last edited by anarchy18; 02-06-2014, 07:11 AM.

Erotic = using a feather

Comment

Originally posted by D0wn5h1ft View Post
                        How did them measurements come out? Center of eyehole to center of eyehole EXACTLY $40 would be really cool!!!!!

Erotic = using a feather

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post

Found em again!!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Shock...p=mtr#shpCntId

Would anybody here Stateside on this forum let me ship em to their house and put em in a flatrate box from the USPS and ship them to me? Cause looks like this Ebayer wants way to much to ship to Germany!!!
                          Last edited by anarchy18; 02-27-2014, 03:35 AM.

Erotic = using a feather

Comment

Originally posted by anarchy18 View Post
                            Found em again!!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Shock...p=mtr#shpCntId

Would anybody here Stateside on this forum let me ship em to their house and put em in a flatrate box from the USPS and ship them to me? Cause looks like this Ebayer wants way to much to ship to Germany!!!
                            PM has been Sent.
                            1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                            1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                            1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                            1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                            1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Working...
                            X