Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 SG Wire Harness...

Hello fellow 11's

I am new to this forum, and am glad to see that it is reasonably active. I recently picked up a "Project" that someone else started but then left to rot. It was not pretty.

The basic frame/motor/suspension was um there... There were plenty of buckets and boxes and the proverbial "basket" of "extra parts". Even an extra motor!

Collectively I have E, F, G, SG and SF parts. The frame Ser. No. is for an 1980 SG (Build date 7/79) Both motors are from earlier E or F bikes... So I still have a kick start. )

I am pretty close to completion using existing parts and a few Ebay finds. My last "need" is an '80 SG wiring harness. Does anyone have one to sell or trade? I have lots of extra stuff...

By the way where is the Gallery and Member Intro section? I have been looking... Would love to post up some of the project images and introduce myself.

Peace, Wolf
    Last edited by XS-play; 11-19-2013, 11:27 PM.
    80 SG
    81 Midnight Special (R.I.P.)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the main harness for each model is interchangeable, so you can broaden your search. I replaced the harness on my '82 XJ with an e-bay advertised 1980 harness.

10M-82590-50-00 1982 XJ
    4R0-82590-50-00 1981 SH
    3J6-82590-50-00 1980 SG
    2H7-82590-50-00 1979 F
    2H7-82590-50-00 1978 E

Edit: I may have needed to exchange a connector or two between my old and new harness though :/ I don't remember exactly.
    82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
    Website/Blog

Comment

wiring harness

hello wolf , welcome ,
      i have a complete harness for a 80 g ( standard ) , all in one piece
      90 bucks includes the ride to you

malcolm
      81 mns 1100,7648 miles
      81 mns 850 (2) both with 13,600 miles on them

Comment

It definitely has to be a "Special" harness. There is a difference. I have two harness's that do not have the correct connectors, or wire colors, or both.

AFAICT one is an early E or F harness and it is in great shape. The other harness is not a Special but does not appear to be a Standard either. It is for the XS but ??? I have cannibalized a couple of single wire Bullet connectors from it to repair the good harness.

I have an SF speedo, four wires at the connector and it is round and goes to 11... Uhmm 160. all other "Special" speedos have three wires and and go to 85. This is not a big deal, except maybe with the connector, we shall see.

Nothing else up front plugs in, or matches colors, cept-n-fer the keyed switch and the front brake switch.

So either an SF or SG harness will do. I have a bitchin E or F harness if someone would like to trade.

I hear Andreas is the man for a harness, can someone put him in touch with me?

Peace, Wolf
        80 SG

Comment

Update: I am buying a harness SG from Andreas. Really great to see all the outpouring of support from the community. Stay tuned.

Peace, Wolf
          80 SG

Comment

Working...
          X