Getting Ol' Okie back together.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Ol' Okie back together.

Looking for another set of saddlebag brackets because the ones on here are bent pretty bad. I need a set like these, they came off an SG but I think they are from a Venturer.

My antique tubular fork brace got bent but saved my fork tubes. This is what I had but I would like one more like the Tkat brace if someone has one for a special they want to give up,

Thanks y'all. Any help will be appreciated.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Hi Greg! Glad to hear your at least up and about!

Those hard case mounts ARE off a Venturer. Sorry I can't be of any help for either them or the brace. Just glad to hear your on a slow mend, and don't push yourself to hard. It'll all come together soon enough!
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Looking for another set of saddlebag brackets because the ones on here are bent pretty bad. I need a set like these, they came off an SG but I think they are from a Venturer.

I would like one more like the Tkat brace if someone has one for a special they want to give up,

Thanks y'all. Any help will be appreciated.
      Greg,
      Had any luck rounding up a replacement Saddlebag Bracket or Fork Brace for a Special?? Just wondering if you were able to hook up with these parts to help get Ol' Okie back on the road -or- if you were still looking.

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Hello Jeff, I have a set of mounts coming from another member. I'll probably just wait a bit and order a TKat brace.

It'll be all back together and ready to go next spring.

I'm feeling much better also. I'll see if I can get back to work next week.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
        X