1979 SF sidecover badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 SF sidecover badges

After at least 1 sidecover badge for a 1979 SF. Would consider 2 as the 1 unbroken one I have is not the best.
    I am on the other side of the planet (Tasmania) surrounded by devils. However I can pay by paypal and am happy to pay the postage costs.
    79 SF
    Honda KO 750
    Honda K2 750 Bobber in progress
    Moto Guzzi 1000cc mongrel custom
    HD FXST 2008
    Bonneville SE 2010 (wifeys)

Good luck Brad. Those side cover badges are getting kinda scarce. There is THIS PLACE IN Australia but it's pretty pricey.

You can pick them up on ebay now and then but they usually need repainting.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

[QUOTE=BA80;420111]Good luck Brad. Those side cover badges are getting kinda scarce. There is THIS PLACE IN Australia but it's pretty pricey.

Thanks for the tip. I did go and buy a couple from this place.
      However I would not really reccomend the product to anyone.
      Although they look pretty good off the bike they are actually cast metal and quite heavy, heavier than the sidecovers. Also they are not curved to fit the sidecover shape. I went to bend one to shape and it snapped instantly.
      I contacted they gut I bought them off to complain about them. In fairness he did send me another one. So now I have 2 flat ones that I'm too afraid to bend cause they will snap.
      Will wait for a real one to show up on ebay.
      79 SF
      Honda KO 750
      Honda K2 750 Bobber in progress
      Moto Guzzi 1000cc mongrel custom
      HD FXST 2008
      Bonneville SE 2010 (wifeys)

Comment

MAN! I woulda gone off on that guy! If they can't be used the they are worthless. The fact that they are cast metal and don't fit the contour of the part they are to be attached to should be PROMINENTLY stated in the description.

I would have demanded my money back.

Sorry, didn't intend to lead you astray.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          MAN! I woulda gone off on that guy! If they can't be used the they are worthless. The fact that they are cast metal and don't fit the contour of the part they are to be attached to should be PROMINENTLY stated in the description.

I would have demanded my money back.

Sorry, didn't intend to lead you astray.

Greg,

A friend of mine bought side cover badges for his XS-2. They didn't fit properly. Actually, I thought they were completely unacceptable on his restored bike. He got a full refund, including shipping both ways. That was a few years ago.

I wish someone would make plastic reproductions that fit. I bought some from Mike's for an XS650 and the fit is almost perfect.

Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Badges

I've used badges from Badge Replicas and had no problems with them. As a matter of fact I supplied Brian (owner) with some of the badges he has to use as molds.
            Dale
            78 XS1100E Standard
            Coca Cola Red
            Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Which is more expensive, Badge Replicas, or having the original replated?
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Working...
              X