Battery bracket wanted urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery bracket wanted urgent

I seem to have a vital bracket missing please can anyone help me in supplying me with one as I am returning to the UK on the 10th July until next year. It secures the battery in place. Its on a XJ1100J Maxim.

pictures supplied for reference
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by windysolar1; 06-27-2013, 03:49 PM.
    The old ones are the best 9000 miles from new and rising
    got a Honda VF1000f 1984 for the summer in the United Kingdom.Wow its Fast,Too fast for Me

1982 Xj1100J Maxim US Specfast keeps going
    1984 VF1000F Interceptor UK need repair sticking pro link joint, off the road currently but in a newly built 17ft wooden garage, just got to finish it

Originally posted by windysolar1 View Post
    I seem to have a vital bracket missing please can anyone help me in supplying me with one as I am returning to the UK on the 10th July until next year. It secures the battery in place. Its on a XJ1100J Maxim.

pictures supplied for reference
    [IMG][/IMG]
    No help for the bracket.........and you can never have TOO much power available.....
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I haven't had a bracket on my battery for the last 3 years and have never had any problems.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I have never seen one on an XJ, mine included. There is a picture of one that someone posted a while back, but after looking at the situation, I decided that the battery wasn't going anywhere, so I didn't bother making one. I did make a flat stainless steel strap, bent appropriately, with a rubber pad under it, and bolted it to the two screw holes.

The parts diagram at http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/par...J1100J_-_1982) doesn't show one, so I don't know if that was a cost cutting measure that Yamaha did after the first few off the line. ?????

CZ

Comment

Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post
          I have never seen one on an XJ, mine included. There is a picture of one that someone posted a while back, but after looking at the situation, I decided that the battery wasn't going anywhere, so I didn't bother making one. I did make a flat stainless steel strap, bent appropriately, with a rubber pad under it, and bolted it to the two screw holes.

The parts diagram at http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/par...J1100J_-_1982) doesn't show one, so I don't know if that was a cost cutting measure that Yamaha did after the first few off the line. ?????

CZ
          Good choice CZ. A man of your knowledge knows that a lead-acid wet cell batteries life is reduced if it is not held down tight, since vibrations cause accellerated flaking off of the plates building up in bottom of battery till that cell or others is shorted loosing the 2+ volts per cell.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            Good choice CZ. A man of your knowledge knows that a lead-acid wet cell batteries life is reduced if it is not held down tight, since vibrations cause accellerated flaking off of the plates building up in bottom of battery till that cell or others is shorted loosing the 2+ volts per cell.
            One more reason to use AGM type batteries....
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

the parts do exist

I need parts 29 and 30

got a Honda VF1000f 1984 for the summer in the United Kingdom.Wow its Fast,Too fast for Me

1984 VF1000F Interceptor UK need repair sticking pro link joint, off the road currently but in a newly built 17ft wooden garage, just got to finish it

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                One more reason to use AGM type batteries....
                Still a lead acid battery Natemoen. The glass mat just slows the negative electron flow down. Sorry, you fell into that one....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  Still a lead acid battery Natemoen. The glass mat just slows the negative electron flow down. Sorry, you fell into that one....lol.
                  But they are meant to withstand the extra vibrations and movents (I worked for a major battery manufacturer and have talked with a lot of the engineers).
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by windysolar1 View Post
                    I need parts 29 and 30

Try Andreas, he might have some. If you find two sets, let me know, and I'll buy the second set.

CZ

Comment

I haven't had the strap on my XJ for a couple years either. I'm pretty sure it was with the bike, but disappeared somewhere in the shop...
                      82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                      Website/Blog

Comment

pictures

all taken by myself with my camera

Comment

support for battery and tray

this may not be obvious to some members
                          The frame mount in the center takes the weight of the battery and tray, and stops the battery from moving away from the + connector.

Comment

Windy,

I don't want to get your hopes up but I may have that bracket and the rubber snubber and the bolts/washers from a wrecked XJ I stripped for parts a while back. I'll dig through the bucket-o-parts and let you know.

I'll, erm, sort of be a little busy this evening Pacific time until sometime after dark but if I can find it you can have it!
                            -- Scott
                            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                            1979 XS1100F: parts
                            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

bracket and bits

Thanks for looking its appreciated
                              just fired off 500 shot mortars for the family
                              Can pay pal the postage as going back to the UK on the 10th July
                              Thanks
                              would have to pay you something for it

happy 4th to all pop bang wiz all night long

Lloyd

Comment

Working...
                              X