Help need gasket for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help need gasket for

I cannot find a gasket for a 81 venturer xs1100 gastank sending unit. I need one because the one I have is no good. So if anyone knows or has a good one please contact me.

You could always cut one out of gasket material. The stock ones are a rubber material. Has to be more than typical rubber as it is exposed to petroleum products.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DCracer25 View Post
      I cannot find a gasket for a 81 venturer xs1100 gastank sending unit. I need one because the one I have is no good. So if anyone knows or has a good one please contact me.
      http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...753-00-00.html

Is that the one?
      Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

5% off with promotion code "meetsister". Not much, but every little bit helps.

According to my spreadsheet, I put one of these in my XJ in 2010.

I would personally rather use this gasket than try to cut one because it isn't just a flat gasket.
        82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
        Website/Blog

Comment

gasket

I personally would like to see a pic of the gasket before ordering it. To make sure it is the right one.

Comment

The link is the same part as my XJ, so as long as it's the right part in the microfiche, it's the right part for the job.

That company has been known to cancel orders if the quality is not on par with OEM. There was an incident with emblems in the past.
            82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
            Website/Blog

Comment

gasket

Ordered one should be here next week, will let ya know if it is the right one.

Comment

Working...
              X