Special Headlight assembly and complete Airbox assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Headlight assembly and complete Airbox assembly

I’m going to put my Xs back to stock config, and am going to be needing a round headlight assembly, and an air cleaner assembly. Do any of you folks out there have these items for sale at a reasonable price? This is for my 80 SG. I have the square Standard headlight assembly and individual pods for mine if that matters to anyone who might be interested in a trade. The pods are not in great shape.

Thanks,
    Courtney

========
    Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

airbox

I have the airbox assembly, Aaaaaalllmost complete, but its off of my '81 XS11 special., IF thats the same box as your '80. I think I'm missing one of the long wingnut bolts. I substituted a long capscrew, but the rest of the airbox is there, and the rubber bits are nice. 40.00 shipped to your door in the US.

EDIT< I see you are in Canada. So, make that 50.00 shipped to your door in Canada. I can snap some photos tonight if you wish.

Comment

80 and 81 airboxes are the same. Really all of them are the same except the MNS ones that had gold instead of chrome sides.

The difference between 78-79 and 80-81 airboxes is that the 78-79 ones had the nipples at the top drilled open with small metal sleeves inside them to hook the carb vents to them.

The 80-81 airboxes have the nipples, but they are not drilled open, and of course no sleeves. Other than the nipples, 100% identical.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Got them thanks guys for the offers

Andreas was able to come through with the parts for me here in Canada. Thanks for the other offers though guys.
        court
        Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

air box

I have 2 of them, 1 with a new foam air filter.
          Originally posted by Courtney View Post
          I’m going to put my Xs back to stock config, and am going to be needing a round headlight assembly, and an air cleaner assembly. Do any of you folks out there have these items for sale at a reasonable price? This is for my 80 SG. I have the square Standard headlight assembly and individual pods for mine if that matters to anyone who might be interested in a trade. The pods are not in great shape.

Thanks,
          Courtney

========
          KJ

Comment

Working...
          X