79 Standard frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 Standard frame

I have a 79 standard that someone before me chopped the a** end off of, see the link below for pictures. I am trying to find a 79 standard frame or any frame that has the same back end. I was hoping that some one had a bent or damaged frame that I could buy so I could cut the back end off of it and weld it to my frame so the my bike will be stock again. Or if you have any suggestions i am open for them. right now i just threw something together to hold up the fender.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1063386...KvdlZGZtKe2rAE
    USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle
    78 XS1100E - Rebuilt And Sold I SHOULD OF KEPT IT!!!

Let me look.... I have a scrap '81 standard frame, I believe that part should be the same. If it is, I'll cut off that part and it's yours for shipping/gas costs....
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
      Let me look.... I have a scrap '81 standard frame, I believe that part should be the same. If it is, I'll cut off that part and it's yours for shipping/gas costs....
      I would appreciate it. I am trying to cut it just forward of the top mount for the shocks so I have some extra metal to play with. If you don't mind I would like to see if someone in my area has one and if not i will definitely buy it from you. Thank you.
      USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle

Comment

Sent you a PM....
        Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
        '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
        '82 XJ rebuild project
        '80SG restified, red SOLD
        '79F parts...
        '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
        '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
        '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
        '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
        Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
        Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

crazy steve I replied to your pm. And thank you
          USMC 2005 - Present

Comment

Working...
          X