rear crash bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear crash bars

Hey guy's, was wondering if anyone on here might have a set of the bar's that mount on the rear shock's of my 79 XS 1100. There the one's right in front of the hard bag's. Not really sure what the proper name for them would be, but they are like crash bar's to protect the passenger's leg and the bag in case of going down. If anyone might have a set, would appreciate it if you would let me know. Thank's. Warfman41
    Warfman41 1979 xs 1100 F newly aquired...getting it road ready.

Hi Warfman,
    Those crash bars are part of the rear bags system. i do not think they were sold separately. Your best bet would be to pick up a set of bags which come on here frequently. Then decide if you want just the bars or the whole package. might get them cheap if the bags are broken.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I'll check

I have a complete set of hard bag mounts for an XS750 which includes the guards you mention. Was going to try to dump the set for about $25.00.
      I'll check against 1 of my 1100s to see if they measure up properly & let you know. Of course, they would be $25.00, as it would pretty much ruin the mounting set. The set is like new, including all chrome.
      As I think of it they may have connectors for the side rails, which might not look right without the side rails. I'll let you know, hopefully tomorrow.
      Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
      stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Can't do it

Those guards don't really attach directly to the shocks. Wouldn't work without the whole set-up. & that wouldn't look good without bags.
        Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
        stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Working...
        X