Needing Left side cover for 1980 G Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing Left side cover for 1980 G Model

My driver's side cover is broken on mine, and I really need another one. We have painted the tank and need to paint the covers. Plus if any one has an extra set of Left and Right covers I would like to buy those also. Why have two sets of covers you ask? I have two tanks/two different colors and I would like to have the option of changing them out. Thanks.

If you already have one, you can repair it with super glue and baking soda. Bonds super strong and builds up so you can sand/file/grind to shape, then paint it. Use liquid super glue (not the gel kind), and apply just a drop. Then dust it with baking soda. It hardens instantly! Add a drop of glue, then dust with baking soda. Repeat until you're satisfied with the volume/size of the repair. My entire latch on my left side cover is made of the stuff.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Mines done the same way. Been that way for over two years now and works just great. Worked down just like working plastic once it was built up. I figure I could even have painted it if I had needed to.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but there's also a piece broke off of it. I could really use another one if any body has one for sell or knows of an aftermarket available.

Comment

Pm

Originally posted by monhollenj View Post
          Thanks for the tip, but there's also a piece broke off of it. I could really use another one if any body has one for sell or knows of an aftermarket available.
          I'll send you a pm.
          78 XS1100E Standard
          Coca Cola Red
          Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
          http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
          http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
          http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by monhollenj View Post
            Unless your talking a big huge piece, this same method can be used to fix broken pieces as well as it builds up replacement sections as strong as original that can be sanded filed and painted just like the original material.
            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
            X