Looking for Headlight & Turn Signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Headlight & Turn Signals

As the title says I'm looking for a complete headlight set and turn signals. I have a 1981 Xs1100 Standard. I currently have a Vetter Fairing on it and I wanna take that off without having to remove the headlight from the fairing. Does anyone happen to have the parts I'm looking for. I might need mounts for it as well if it doesn't come with it. So hopefully someone has the right parts I need or can give me some advice on what I can do here. Thanks in advance
    1981 yamaha xs eleven standard

While that fairing is close to the one made the year earlier in 80, I'm not sure if it's intended the same where the headlight in the fairing IS the one that mounts to the headlight ears. So once you find the headlight ears and mount them on the forks, you just remove the headlight bucket from the fairing and mount it on them. Then it moves on and off the fairing depending on if it's on the bike or off the bike. The chances of finding a standard headlight bucket start at slim and rapidly move down to none, they just don't exist. It's one of the reasons why most who remove fairings from standards that don't have the Yamaha ones that actually use the factory headlight end up putting special headlights on them, and often special turn signals as well, since the mounting hardware to mount the front standard turn signals also no longer exists unless you are lucky enough to find it used, and I've not been able to find them used.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

headlite

+1 for Cy.
      Very tough to find all the parts you need to make it stock.
      You can make the secondary holes in the fork ears bigger & mount signals there. Just won't look stock.

The parts do show up on ebay now & then, but usually pricy & not usually all together.
      Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
      stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Maybe

I might have a headlight bucket and light, pretty sure even, and maybe even ears. Just can't locate them until at least Fri as work is demanding.
        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
        Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
        Drilled airbox
        Tkat fork brace
        Hardly mufflers
        late model carbs
        Newer style fuses
        Oil pressure guage
        Custom security system
        Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

NOS Parts

I have the following parts that were removed at the dealer when the bike was new so that a Windjammer could be installed. These are as good as NOS, been wrapped for over 30 years, not even polish marks in the chrome.

Headlight bucket
          Bucket trim ring
          Headlight (original, not H4 but I can throw one in)
          Complete turn signals - mounting bracket, stems, heads, and lenses
          Reflectors - for mounting the bucket to the ears

Make an offer.
          Low ball bids will be ignored. I've seen what some of these items go for on eBay when sold alone, never seen a full set like this on there. This is everything for the front except the ears, from a bike that never saw more than the showroom floor before the parts were removed at the dealer.
          I currently also have a Pacifico fairing slated for the same bike as these parts, just haven't decided which way to go with the rebuild this winter. Until then, if you want these parts make it worth my time. Costing me nothing to keep them, highly doubt they will go down in value.
          Current Stable:
          1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
          1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
          1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
          1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
          WTB:
          1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
          1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

Comment

NOS Parts

I have the following parts that were removed at the dealer when the bike was new so that a Windjammer could be installed. These are as good as NOS, been wrapped for over 30 years, not even polish marks in the chrome.

Headlight bucket
            Bucket trim ring
            Headlight (original, not H4 but I can throw one in)
            Complete turn signals - mounting brackets, stems, heads, lenses, and all original hardware.
            Reflectors - for mounting the bucket to the ears

Make an offer.
            Low ball bids will be ignored. I've seen what some of these items go for on eBay when sold alone, never seen a full set like this on there. This is everything for the front except the ears, from a bike that never saw more than the showroom floor before the parts were removed at the dealer.
            I currently also have a Pacifico fairing slated for the same bike as these parts, just haven't decided which way to go with the rebuild this winter. Until then, if you want these parts make it worth my time. Costing me nothing to keep them, highly doubt they will go down in value.
            May consider your fairing as partial trade. Lowers a plus.
            Current Stable:
            1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
            WTB:

Comment

OK, I was a little mistaken on what I had.
              The trim ring IS NOS.
              Front signals come with both lenses.
              Also have the rear stems, like NOS.
              Prepare to lust! LOL

Bucket:

Trim Ring:

Backside:

Reflectors:

Front Signals:

Rear stems:
              Current Stable:
              WTB:

Comment

Working...
              X