Fuel system parts needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel system parts needed

I have what look like four really nice carbs but all I have are the parts in the picture for each one. Everything else is missing. Screws, levers, rods, everything. I also don't have either petcock for the standard fuel tank. I'm pretty bummed about this, but hopefully someone has some cheapies I can scrounge?

Jim...<><

'78 XS1100E

Previous bikes:
    Early 70s Honda 90 Enduro
    1998 Honda Shadow ACE
    2006 Honda VTX 1300R

Dogs understand why people ride motorcycles

Dude, if that's all you have, you're better off finding a full carb rack that's complete, cause trying to find all those parts, will probably cost you more than a rack of carbs, and you still have to figure out how to get them back together as well, and then try to tune them. Much better to find someone with a complete set, and they don't have to be the same year, just not for an XJ because it's really hard to hook up the enricher/choke for them, since it's cable operated at the handle bars on them.

PS, petcocks might be easier to just go with manual ones from mikesxs, unless andreas has some in his stock of parts, it depends on if you want to keep the stock vacuum function or not. That and the aftermarket ones will have one side backwards cause they are for one side, so reserve would be one way on one and the other on the other side.
    Last edited by cywelchjr; 08-16-2011, 07:01 PM.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
    X