Need fuel petcock and right side cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need fuel petcock and right side cover

I have an 81 xs 1100 special full dresser, I need to rebuild or replace the fuel petcocks on the gas tank. Also need the right side plastic cover that covers the fuse block and battery. so any help would be appricated.

A seller on ebay named Georgefix has rebuild kits. Also has a good reputation here.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Rebuild kits are available from several sources including Mike's XS. '78 to '84 XS650 petcocks will fit your XS1100 standard. Several NOS kits are listed on eBay. Be sure to include XS650 in your search.

If I misunderstood, and your bike is a Special, forget everything I said. Since Special petcocks are simple on/off units, I don't understand why they would need to be rebuilt. The Special fuel shutoff valve (octopus) can be rebuilt, replaced, or bypassed.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
        Rebuild kits are available from several sources including Mike's XS. '78 to '84 XS650 petcocks will fit your XS1100 standard. Several NOS kits are listed on eBay. Be sure to include XS650 in your search.

If I misunderstood, and your bike is a Special, forget everything I said. Since Special petcocks are simple on/off units, I don't understand why they would need to be rebuilt. The Special fuel shutoff valve (octopus) can be rebuilt, replaced, or bypassed.
        The may be simple on/off units, but they still have as I understand it the rubber ring in there that can wear out and allow them to leak that can need replacing. I think there are two or so rubber parts in there that can wear out even in the special petcocks, so while them may wear out less often than the standard ones do, they can still wear out and need rebuilding.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
        X