WTB - saddlebag(s) and rack(s) for '81H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - saddlebag(s) and rack(s) for '81H

SWMBO had an incident this week with her '81H Purple Reign. The left saddlebag is pretty much beyond repair and the two horizontal wrap-around chrome bars are pretty bent up.

Anybody have a complete set of Venturer bags and racks they would be willing to part with, or just a left side bag and rack, or even a complete set of a different style?

(No personal injury, the left side mirror will be easy to replace, and the left side case guard did its job and will straighten up okay)
    Last edited by Ken Talbot; 07-27-2011, 07:36 PM.
    Ken Talbot

Sorry I can't help but glad she is ok!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Glad SWMBO is Ok.

Ken. That's just a scratch! Just get out the 3" Bondo and a can of paint and you are on the road!
      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

i got these

pm me if interested. came of 80 xs. need some work on them. small crack on each bag. but should be easy fix. no key
        79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Comment

Hi Ken,
          Try Andreas. he still lists an 81 H project bike:
          "81h project bike with bc reg/transfer,"
          Glad to hear no personal injury. Also save the lid some one was/will be looking for that.
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

SFSPEC - it looks like we've come up with a local solution, as bad as the bag looks.

With the pieces SWMBO brought home, I taped the bag back together with only a few holes remaining, and a local body shop thinks they can make it right for a pretty reasonable price. I've also been able to gently bend most of the chrome rack back into shape, and even got the aluminum inside plate that the bag mounts to, straightenet d out.
            Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
            X